Why did Ray Franz leave the Organization? Your Opinion Matters!

by SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I have no false affinity for Franz, I have no doubt he screwed up many peoples lives in his role as GB. But he did more than anyone else ever has in the JW's, belated (obviously...you have to,give your life to become GB) but he did it. In fact he gave up all he had as an old man, to live in a caravan, so let's show some respect.

I don't know your story Focus, I don't know how many years were taken from you I don't know what you lost, what you gave up. I don't know how many people you helped leave.

Despite this I am confident Franz indeed hurt more and gave more, but he also lost more and helped more.

• Fernando
    Fernando

He began to see that "legalism" is apostasy, and is rife in the Watchtower.

On the otherhand he saw that the "gospel of grace" was being carefully hidden from Watchtower followers.

Hence his crisis of conscience.

• fulano
    fulano

What would make a man throw away all his earthly riches to expose the Cult? What did Ray Franz have to gain by leaving in total poverty? If Ray Franz had stayed in place, he could have lived like a god, why did he leave? I know it's all speculation but I can't understand why Ray Franz would throw away his god-hood by leaving the Borg. Men like Tony Morriss and Stevie Lett enjoy all the praise and homage given them by uneducated JWs, what made Ray Franz sacrifice his life so we could know the Truth-About-The-Truth?
  • fulano
    fulano

What do you mean??? He probably would have died with much less when hè would have stayed.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

He just intentionally leave the GB.

But he was pushed away from the WT.

But I think he always knew what would happen if he declined the GB, he just don't liked confrontation, so he act passive and let the WT machine do the service.

He was a great man, I discover the TTATT through him. Maybe without him I would left anyway but he certainly made my exit much more faster.

• fulano
    fulano

He would have died with less if he , the idol, would have stayed.

• Focus
    Focus

snare&racket:

I am confident Franz indeed hurt more and gave more, but he also lost more and helped more.

Wise words. I completely agree with both aspects of the comparison; there was no competition.

"What would make a man throw away all his earthly riches to expose the Cult? What did Ray Franz have to gain by leaving in total poverty? If Ray Franz had stayed in place, he could have lived like a god, why did he leave? I know it's all speculation but I can't understand why Ray Franz would throw away his god-hood by leaving the Borg. Men like Tony Morriss and Stevie Lett enjoy all the praise and homage given them by uneducated JWs, what made Ray Franz sacrifice his life so we could know the Truth-About-The-Truth"

fulano: What do you mean??? He probably would have died with much less [if] hè would have stayed.

?

Wrong in the material sense of "with much less"

Correct in the spiritual sense of "with much less"

__

Focus

("RECONSIDER." Class)

• fulano
    fulano

What is meant by earthly, and living like a god...I understood, material, glory. Hè would not have had the glory and money if hè would have stayed, don't you think?

• fulano
    fulano

He was just fed up with getting up at 6.00 a.m. just as he didn't like going from door to door in Puert Rico, oh yes hè liked to talk to Trujillo in Santo Domingo, and showing off, he is more fake than his former co-members were, maybe smarter, yes.

• Focus
    Focus

Each of the Gibbering Baboons live in a style and manner to achieve which an annual income, post tax, of, at a minimum, several hundred thousand dollars would be required to maintain. Milton Henschel, may the scum rot, was careless and let some of this slip out. Now, the villains are far, far more cautious. The precautions taken to prevent leaks are enormous. Don't swallow WTS propaganda about the saintly, frugal lives these hypocrites live!

And then there's the opiate of power he (eventually) foresook.

In contrast or return, Ray got some pittance from a couple of books. I do not have numbers, but I do know that the books on average travel around a bit, reducing sales. I picked up mine second-hand for small change.

Yes, his departure made him infinitely richer - morally and ethically and spiritually.

__

Focus

("Q.E.D." Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit