Who Donates Blood For Jehovah's Witnesses That Accept Blood Fragments?

by SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

The Elders say "its very wrong to donate blood because you never know what the medical community is going to do with that blood." I asked one of the brothers who is a consultant at one of the medical centers, "why are we allowed to take blood fragments if were not allowed to donate blood?" He/She refused to answer, just shook their head and walked away all red faced! Why are Jehovah's Witnesses told on a local level, not loudly but kinda silent, "it's best not to give blood" and "we highly recommend avoiding blood fragments even though it's your choice".

THE WATCH-TAKER MAGAZINE does not spell out who is suppose to provide the needy JW with blood, why can't I donate blood?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Because BLAH BLAH BLAH. It doesn't make sense

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Since when did anything Watch Tower or JW.org say or do that ever made sense? lol

It is just a religious corporation aka business that enjoys all the free labor and the tax breaks.

LL

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"its very wrong to donate blood because you never know what the medical community is going to do with that blood."

By that same logic, WT should also be telling JWs to not pay their taxes. Ever.

This is typical WT hypocrisy: They have 1,001 reasons for JWs to not contribute anything to the very system they are more than eager to take something from.

SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

DCMS, we avoid paying taxes by slipping in illegal dwelling attachments to our Assembly and Kingdom Halls, does that count as tax evasion? The brother/sister had no answer, the biggest bloodless medicine hospital in the United States. Their consultant on Bloodless Medicine can't answer a basic ethics question or is it greed?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Could it be because, according to the Mosaic law, the blood of slain animals was to be poured out on the ground. Funny, that's not in Acts 15 though.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

could not

More like would not...

SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

DCMS, I don't want to reveal the name of this person, they were very kind to my mother when she needed surgery. I asked several times and this person refused to answer my question. It's been recently I am starting to see how the Watchtower is really the "Watch-Taker", they take, take, take and only when pushed will they give anything back.

I worked in a area where lots of Mormons lived, when the Mormons were having problems the local church stepped up to the plate and paid for the food of this LDS family, even helped with six months of rent until the family was able to get back on it's feet. How many times has the Watchtower paid for it's members to get back on their feet? The Watch-Taker is good at taking, money, time and any resources JWs will provide, it's rare the Watch-Taker gives back anything to it's memership.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Here is how I brought it up.

Jehovah's Witnesses are not required by leadership to "abstain" from blood. They receive dental work, and their blood trickles down their throat. They are able to receive organs which are matched to donors and always contain trace whole blood. They give their blood whenever asked from medical personel in order to be tested, heated, prodded, poked, put under a microscope, cultured, or whatever else a lab may do with it.

They talk about blood. They bleed. They prick their finger and put their finger in their mouth so as not to get it n their clothes and encourage clotting.

None of this is abstenence.

At this point the JW is rolling their eys and saying thats just silly. Those are minor things, that isn't what the scripture meant.

Aha! So you mean there is CONTEXT to "abstain". There is a qualifier of some kind. We are allowed to think about blood, say the word blood, ingest a little blood, give freely of our blood to our doctors....and still abstain from blood. So who determines the context?

Once we are this far down the hole, the person is usually done.

One brave soul said what others have thought. The "pouring out" of the blood happens eventually. Meaning the blood we donate for testing is discarded at some point, therefore it is perfectly in line with the bible.

Well......I guess.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

According to the blood people I used to work with, men can benefit greatly from donating blood. This is because many men carry an excess of iron in their systems. If excessive, they're treated with expensive procedures where the blood is taken, the iron removed and the blood is returned to the body. But if men give blood, they deplete their systems of this iron on a routine basis. And no one charges anyone a dime.

I can't see that the Governing Body would have any objections to having blood taken from the body, but with periodic giving of blood, both men and women can reduce the liklihood of having a heart attack. By going on an aspirin regimine and giving blood, it's less likely that it will be clogged in veins and arteries. So this was the reason that periodic "bleedings" for health reasons were done. It was supposed that the blood was bad in some way, and thus men particularly, benefitted from bleedings. In a way they were right. In earlier times, it was the men who hunted and warred; so they tended to produce more iron in their blood over time. Today, we don't really bleed much when we hunt and we send our kids to fight our battles. So the iron actually works against us.

Again, it's a healthy practice to give blood. The Watchtower and Awake! writers tend to cherry pick all the bad stories that result from receiving blood, but they never bother writing about the many more people who benefit from it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit