In the News: How being a teen mum, growing up as Jehovah’s Witness and my kids prepped me for Masterchef fame

by Wild_Thing 21 Replies latest social current

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How can the upbringing have been so good if she was forced (by implication) to marry the child's father at 18!?

Thats destructive there...

Anyway, she sounds like she has got her life on track, and she is no doubt a great mum.

Sincere good luck and best wishes to her and her future life with her kids!

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

I found it interesting that after leaving the borg seh ended up in a relatiosnhip with a control freak - I suspect that the upbringing may result in being atrtracted to these type of relaitonships and as she said 'not realising it's not normal.' What do others think? Does a JW upbringing put a woman at risk of ending up in a high control destructive relationships?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I have heard, and please correct me if I'm wrong. That the worst witnesses live on the Gold Coast. I guess it a bit like the reputation that the witnesses in florida and Miami have. BTW I loved GC witnesses they were the best.

• milola
    milola

Frazzled I doubt JW upbringing would make women more vulnerable. I think it is already there. I left at age 24. And never took crap from any man. On the same token I was always the type that if I was told I HAD to do something I would go out of my way NOT to do it, even if I knew I should.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey joe 134cd, I live in the Gold Coast, and yes, it is a more permissive life here...even for witnesses!

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

What reputation does jw in Florida have?

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I always heard the Califonia JWs were the wild and crazy ones!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

We were.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

It's nice some people had it so "good, nice, lovely, fun etc" growing up borg, good for you.

But for every child that had a wonderful experience how many suffered terribly at the hands of emotionally or physically abusive parents

who thought thery were "brining them up in the discipline and mental regulating of Jehovah"?

How many died through no blood policy how many were sexually abused by some predator in the cong?

Hoe many young ones have committed suicide?

Need I go on.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Stuck in a rut= I was in the Logan Lee / Kingston area. Sorry I meant the witness in California and Florida witnesses had the checkered pasts. Man I went to some drunken parties on the Gold Coast. God bless their sweet hearts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit