How long have you known TTATT and continued to participate?

by LostGeneration 33 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

@focus - I'll look that up. My opinion is that they are offering a product that is similar to other religions, everlating life. But theirs is especially appealing because as humans we all have an attachment to living, and a fear of dying. But they never have to deliver the product, just keep saying "Its coming, any day now, it'll be here. Annnnnyyy minute now."

@AnnOmaly - My God, that's a long time to wade through the bull.

@oneEyedJoe - Three months isn't too bad. Is it really starting to piss you off? Once you get real angry, or start drinking after (or before) meetings, you know its time to GTFO.

@oub - Agree with that, kinda the point of the thread. Once you get out there is always going to be some real shitty stuff immediately, but life gets so much better, and quickly. Just want those that feel "stuck" to realize there is so much more out there.

@bye bye - I can get the concept of fading for family, but these peeps are not your friends. You will realize that exactly one second after they know your true feelings about the WTBTS.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I was pretty upset when I first realized the true extent of the lies. It definitely still irritates me to go to meetings, but mostly because they're soooo boring. I do drin before them, if I can do it without too much disapproval from my wife...definitely makes it a bit more bearable. If not for my wife, I'd never have gone back after reading jwfacts. If I were on my own, being shunned by my family would've been the more pleasant option, but I want to try to get my wife on board, and hopefully we can fade in a way that will leave her family relationships mostly intact, because that's huge for her.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

LG, yes it's a loooong time! 2nd and 3rd generation in an area where we have roots - harder. In the end, I was the one trying to hurry along our fade, but hubby was (for all sorts of understandable reasons) too afraid/cautious to take the next steps. The last years were a tremendous strain on us as a family. Then a set of circumstances presented itself - a hole in the fence, as it were - and I knew it was now or never. So we took a deep breath and ran for it.

Very perplexing for our long-time acquaintances at the cong. The ever-present elephant is ignored by most (apart from 'we miss you'). The one family member who we knew would take it hardest is acclimatizing. I understand the attraction of cutting one's losses and having closure as we still have to be careful and anxiously look over our shoulder at times but, overall, we are much happier, much more relaxed, and for the moment (for as long as possible) we have normal, cordial relationships with JW family.

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

@lost generation I couldn't agree with you more. I am not there to make friends. I stood up in my congregation for a sexually abused girl and I was publicly reproved for it.

we lost all our friends and I learned the lesson of a lifetime. since then I know what I am about and what they are about.

I show my face only to keep peace in my family and not let them steal anymore from me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit