What's missing from this list of technologies used by JWs

by scotoma 24 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

This topic has been discussed before but it is interesting to look at it in the light of the new book God's Kingdom Rules.

1903 News Paper Sermons

1914 Photo Drama of Creation

1922 Radio

1933 Sound Cars

1936 Placard Work

1954 Motion Pictures

1990 Videos

1997 Internet

2011 Metropolitan Witnessing

What ever happened to TV? TV is still the main source of information for the worlds population.

They skipped over TV. Didn't Jehovah like TV?

Or was he still making up his mind when according to wikipedia:

In 1961, M.G. "Pat" Robertson , son of Virginia United States Senator A. Willis Robertson and an attorney-turned- Southern Baptist minister, purchased the dormant channel 27 license. Under the ownership of Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network , the station returned to the air on October 1 as WYAH-TV , with "YAH" standing for " Yahweh " according to some sources (including Pat Robertson's autobiography, Shout it From the Housetops )

There you have it. Jah's first TV station 1961.

What would the Watchtower look like if they would have broadcast 24-7 around the world with their own satellite or even leased time on a satellite?

Look at how they segue into the internet.

Page 74 of (kr-E) "As the 20th century drew to a close, radio no longer played a primary role in spreading the good news. However another technology emerged that made it possible to reach an audience of unprecedented size"

• 4thgen
    4thgen

They cant use tv.....its the devils eyeball.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I predict the next technology they will begin utilizing are billboards. The hightech kind, that can change messages and pictures.

You also left off records, cassette tapes, CDs, and now mp3 files. Did they ever have 8 track tapes? That was before my time.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

You forgot to mention MEPS - the multi-lingual composer/printing software.

Eden

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I used to think they did not use T.V because no matter how good their Programmes were, someone would produce a better, more glossy one that negated all the good done by the W.T one.

It was also explained to me that the only way to get the "truth" "into the heart" of a person was one to one.

Those reasons have now gone, with the Trolleys and with JW.org. (It is still a truism of course that better Websites are around already from the opposition, LDS etc)

• designs
    designs

Are you sure they haven't used TV in some countries and some regions.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, I often thought the same thing...why boast about having used radio stations, but never use tv?

• SadElder
    SadElder

circular reasoning

• pixel
    pixel

I've seen JW ads on TV from time to time. The last one I saw was a couple of years back. They look a bit like the ones the Mormoms do.

• sir82
    sir82

As the 20th century 1940's drew to a close, radio no longer played a primary role in spreading the good news.

There, fixed that for ya...

Yeah, that always struck me too - their excuse, in the decades from the 50's thru the 00's was that "door to door work was far more effective and more personal than TV".

Uh huh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit