Solomon's Temple was there one??

by Crazyguy 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Its interesting to find out that there is no evidence of King David or his son Solomon. What about this amazing temple that Solomon supposedly built?? There is no arcylogical evidence that it ever excisted either. There is a temple with a striking resemblence to the one described in the bible, its at Ain Dara in Northern Syria. This temple is not to far from the city of Ugarit and Mt Zaphon were the creator god El resides. Its also interesting that the temple in the bible would be built to be very similiar to this pagan temple. One clue about the temple of Solomon having been built is in the bible in Ezra 3:6, it says that there was "no foundation of a temple in Jerusalem". Sure the Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem but would'nt there still be the foundations of the buildings left. I mean if my house burnt down my concrete slab would still be there. There is also evidence that there may have been another temple very similair in the city of Tanis in Egypt. Again did this temple in Jerusalem ever exsist and if so why was it built like these Pagan temples if it was to the true God of the universe??

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My understanding is that Israeli anthropologists were quite eager to find debris relating to David and Solomon. They are still waiting. These men never existed.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Putting Dacid and Solomon aside (Who I will be dealing with in futher chapters of my book on here) the first temple I am 90% sure existed. However:

1. Solomon didn't build it. (He likely didn't exist)

2. 2 Kings 12 describes a 'refit' of the temple. I think this is when the Yahweh temple was built in Jerusalem. There were temples to other gods too.

3. Dueteronomy 12-26 is a law code from the north that was revised and used for Josiah's reforms. It is 100% likely a temple existed then for Yahweh.

4. There were other temples for Yahweh. (Bethel, Shiloh etc)

5. The book of Ezra is mosly from the 200s BCE and can't be relied on.

I do however think the second temple is the description found in 1 Kings 6,7.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

But... but...

...that would mean that Dave and Solly couldn't have had their pseudo-platonic same-sex relationship!

Nooooooooo!!!

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

There's more historical accuracy in WT literature rather than in the Bible.

Bible it's simply absurd. WT it's twisted absurd.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

The Ezra verse is interesting. When Herod's temple was destroyed in 70 A.D. even the Roman army couldn't destroy it completely, and one wall, a tower, and all the foundations remained- so there should have been at least the foundations after the Babylonians destroyed 'Solomon's temple'- but as that verse shows there was nothing. Very strange, lol.

• Witness My Fury
  • transhuman68
    transhuman68

You are a champion, WMF!

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

How rich was Solomon and where did it came from? i.e. how much gold and silver did he use to built the temple? How big was the temple? (size and volume?) compare the two. Check the gold production between 1492 and 1700 in Spain as compared to the absolute deplorable state of the mineral deposits in Israel and compare it the world power Egypt....... Use the bible text and do the math.

When Solomon built the temple he used iron, silver and gold. 1 Chron 22:14. A talent of gold was 34,2 kilo's with a density of 19.2 kilo's per liter.
    100.000 talents of gold* 34,2 kilo's = 3.420.000 kilo's = 176.288 liter (1000 liter = 1m³) 176 m³ ...... = 5 * 5 * 5 meters of solid gold. or clothed walls with a thickness of 2 mm = 0,002 m * 20 meters high * 4400 meters long.

In current dollars that would be:
    120,636,949.867632 * gold price per Oz. Comex Gold price: 1,608 = $ 194 billion. That almost equals the amount of all home owners in the US to maintain, alter their houses in 2005.

Or to put it into perspective: The below item had a modest costs of only 1.5 billion.
    Israel/ Palestine is to poor on resources. So these had to be imported. The bible handbook says this amount of gold is 3x the amount of gold produced in the period: 1492 - 1700 by Spain (this includes the complete sacking of all Inca and Aztec temples stacked with gold)

1,000,000 talents of silver * 34.2 = 34,200,000 kilo's.....I don't even want to go into this. This 3,100 m³ is more than the volume of the temple itself.

1,206,369,498.67632 Oz * $ 28.74 = 34.671 billion

So, not counting the stone and masonry, transport, labor, the expensive wood from the Lebanon: the initial costs is about 270 billion $ is today's currency and value.

Now that is a stimulus package avant la lettre.

But to break it really down:

Topping the list is another Las Vegas structure, Wynn Las Vegas. Built in 2005, the building comes with a stunning $2.7 billion price tag. It is the world’s most expensive resort. There’s even a Ferrari-Maserati dealership on site. It’s famous nightclub, Tryst, has a towering waterfall and its own lake.

Ok. For the sake of argument. Let's try another. Surely the later stories are more believable and exact, right?
    Point number 4:
    How many animals were slaughtered at the dedication of the temple? What does that mean in logistical terms? How to get those animals there in Jerusalem. How to dispose of the less desirable items? What would you need to burn such an amount of carcasses? How did the Nazis try to solve that puzzle? Read the bible text and do the math.

Solomon sacrificed 2,000 oxen and 120 thousand sheep..........well rather massacred them in just 7 days. In 7 days they were able to burn 142,000 carcasses and disposed of the dirty stuff. 7 days * 24 hours a day = 168 hours. 845 carcasses per hour. That would indicate the complete burning of a carcass every 4 seconds.................

This is taken from: http://www.strategy-ec.co.uk about burning of carcasses along the lines of European regulations when the mad cows disease struck:

Intervention Costs:
    Equipment Hire of machinery and equipment.
    Consumables To destroy 250 carcasses the following are required; 250 railway sleepers, 250 bales of straw, 6.250 kg of kindling wood, 50.750 kg of coal, 1 gallon of diesel oil per metre length of pyre.
    Operator time Time to prepare pyres varies with the machinery and workforce available. Pyres burn continuously for 2 to 3 days.

Just imagine those Jerusalem nike wearing sheepherders doing this ... So, where the EU had pyres burning for say 2.5 days for 250 carcasses, they did it in 4 seconds. Miracle! right?

Here's something about the waste: every 1000 kilo's of animal produces about 350 kilo of ash. Say an average sheep weighs 40 kilo. 120,000 sheep would therefore yield: 120,000 * 40 = 4,800,000 / 1,000 kilo * 350 = 1,680,000 kilo's of ash. Let's assume a density of 636 kg per m³. = 2,641 m³ .......... Let's imagine a hill with a base of 20 by 20 meters. It would be 60 meters high!

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

We can't know if there was a Solomon Temple while Muslims forbid to do excavations in the area of the Dome of the Rock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit