"Get Christie Love!" is on tonight. Makes me sad.

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Teresa Graves was a beautiful, talented actress and singer. She was deceived by WT false prophecies and worthless teachings. She threw away a very promising career to become a JW. In 2002, at the age of 54, she died in a house fire. Such a terrible waste of human life.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

What cable channel are you watching that on? I'm in NYC and that's not carried on Time Warner, just curious.

I remember when Ebony magazine did a story on her, I must say that she seemed like she was fully into it, nothing like the Williams sisters or Prince or even MJ, I believe she thought she would find everlasting life without writing a check to the GB.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Was she still an active JW when she died?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Yeah, she was. I remember reading that Ruth Buzzi and another member from Laugh In attended the services. Her mother was also injured in the fire but can't quite remember for sure, but it's possible that she succumbed to her injuries as well

• Magnum
    Magnum

ShirleyW - thanks.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It's listed on a broadcast channel. I rarely use cable.

• wunce_wuz
  • compound complex
    compound complex

She was spokesperson on behalf of our persecuted brothers and sisters in Malawi. Her efforts garnered much favorable publicity.

• jam
    jam

One day in service (Pasadena Ca 1970-1972), her sister or

a cousin told me "Teresa got baptized".The very next assembly

at Dodger Stadium she was in a demonstration.

A very beautiful young lady, got caught up in the 1975 crap..

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Was she featured in an Awake article years ago?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit