I got asked to do the literature cart witnessing!

by stuckinarut2 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So as I have told everyone here, I am well along in my fade, and know TTATT.

I have even been pursued by the elders and interrogated re my "seemingly loss of spirituality and activity etc..." Even though I am still an MS.

But cop this!... I have been asked to join in the exclusive literature cart witnessing activity! You know, only "holy than most" get to do this it seems!?

Im thinking, why on earth are they asking me??

Then it dawned on me....I would be accompanying just one other person, the Coordinator of the elders , and just sitting there for two hours well behind the carts.... So it would give him two solid hours to "chat"

I smell a rat!......

• DJS
    DJS

Stuck,

You don't smell a rat. You smell a pack of rats. Good luck.

• jgnat
    jgnat

A wise exiting witness told me they only harrass the disinterested. They leave the needy alone. I suspect they have sniffed out your lack of neediness.

When I am with Witnesses I practice flipping them in to their natural personality, by asking after their interests. I never gave a Pioneer my phone number or committed to a study. I can have a natural discussion with a Witness for a good long time. If they snap back in to cult mode, give a noncommittal answer "mmm" and try and flip them natural again.

Anyways that is how I entertain myself.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good suggestion jgnat

Yes, I often do just that and take control of the conversation politely and steer it toward general chit chat...therefore not allowing them to get to the "so how are you going spiritually" question.

beleive me, I've had that one asked specifically!!

I simply answered "well thanks. And you? How are you going? Don't we have a lovely sincere group of brothers and sisters in our cong...blah blah..."

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Tell him you'd rather do this kind of marketing instead... that'll get him off your back...

• jgnat
    jgnat

The gall to ask such a personal question! Really , isn't that between you and Jehovah? But then again Witnesses have blurred all the lines.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Just say, if asked a 'theocratic' question: 'I'm sorry, but i don't feel up to having a spiritual discussion today. I'll let you know when I feel better'. Repeat as necessary. Then drop the subject.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

yes indeed jgnat! But that is the culture of witness elders. They feel they have the right to ask stuff like that, and most in the org play into that power by answering, rather than politely saying "I think that's a little inappropriate to ask that"

hey celebs, that Pic is classic! I can't beleive how tacky that is!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

You had such a good response to JW harassment on your other thread, I would love to see you match it again. Maybe...

"After watching the new video, I realize that I should spend more time with my family. Certainly during service time I need to be policing all their ambitions, thoughts, and desires or they'll be going wild and then I'll have to have a magical old JW couple move into the basement to get my kids to obey. Right now, I just don't think it will go over well if my family has to do d2d while I get to just stand (or sit) around counting my time.

"Besides, this would be a perfect opportunity for Br. CantWalkButInsistsOnTakingEveryDoor. This way, he wouldn't have to walk around and the people could come to him. Or maybe Sr. PhantomPioneer. She never goes out on the weekend, so maybe this would be a good way for her to be more visible in the ministry and set a better example for supporting weekend witnessing."

Think anything like that would work?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Sounds great billy!

Bring it on.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit