New List of Watchtower Classes (simplified for the simple-minded)

by Focus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Focus
    Focus

Focus said: The 6th volume of Studies in Scraptures is his posthumously-authored (not just "-published) work.

Much like the Gospels.

Indeed so, Heaven.

The model for the WTS scam was set a little over 1900 years ago.

By the religion "Paulianity" (misnamed Christianity by those who haven't studied the NT in Koine).

Paul sure existed (who knows about Jeebus), and what a generally unpleasant person he was! A judgemental bigot much like Taze Russell.

And by the sounds of it, he went in for little boys, whom he took for long walks in the woods. Russell, a teenage girl fan himself, the "jellyfish" who oozed around their extremities.

--

Focus

(Anti-Filth Class)

• blondie
    blondie

I thought it was the 7th so-called volume of the Studies in the Scriptures, The Finished Mystery, that was put together by 2 Bible Students (Clayton Woodworth and George Fisher) from quotes by Russell plucked out of the previous 6 volumes and other writings.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Focus said: Paul sure existed (who knows about Jeebus), and what a generally unpleasant person he was! A judgemental bigot much like Taze Russell.

And by the sounds of it, he went in for little boys, whom he took for long walks in the woods. Russell, a teenage girl fan himself, the "jellyfish" who oozed around their extremities.

To know the real truth about the authors of the Bible, the founders of Christianity and the Watchtower and Jehovah's Witnesses saddens and angers me. That my grandfather, parents, and other family members were suckered into dedicating themselves to such a belief system and organization that has brought a lot of distress and damage to our family makes my heart heavy.

Developing critical thinking skills and demanding evidence is so key.

I managed to escape because I had to remain true to myself; I needed to be intellectually honest or I would not be able to live with myself. And I could not accept a life in the oppression and shadow of the Watchtower.

• processor
  • Focus
    Focus

I thought it was the 7th so-called volume of the Studies in the Scriptures, The Finished Mystery, that was put together by 2 Bible Students (Clayton Woodworth and George Fisher) from quotes by Russell plucked out of the previous 6 volumes and other writings.

blondie, you are quite right. I intended to start off taking a good poke at Volume 6 (The New Creation, complete with its pseudoscientific attempts to justify the 7-day creation myth) but then decided to keep it simple and moved straight to Volume 7 (the most hideous work imaginable, a true insult to Russell who was at least able to write well!) without making the needed amendment.

Thanks for pointing it out!

The Enlarged List by PB is particularly grateful to The Finished Mystery, wherein every page yields a number of potential candidates of idiocy.

You forgot the cockroach class

Excellent, processor! I could have sworn I had the "Locust Class" in there, as I've frequently lampooned that absurd quote in my assorted commentaries, but indeed it is not in the Class List.

So, should it go in twice, or would that be unfair to the Great Whore of Babble-On?

--

Focus

("Cockroach-stamper" Class)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great lists!

you put a lot of time and effort into that!

• Focus
    Focus

Thank you, stuckinarut2.

--

Focus

("Locust" Class)

• cantleave
    cantleave

Cantleave

(couldn't give a fuck class)

• Focus
    Focus