Just Realised I have been on here for 5 years now

by cantleave 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I was reading your first post a while ago......you are a different man in so many ways.

Thanks to you and Nugget for being there for me at a dark time.

Paula x

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Cantleave and Nugget are highly respected and well loved members of this Forum.

A Happy Poztate Birthday to you both !

I now celebrate my own actual Birthday with gusto, or if gusto doesn't turn up then anyone who is around, but I also celebrate the day I walked out of a K.H for the very last time. That day I was re-born for sure.

So, like our own dear Queen, I have 2 Birthdays.

Keep on living life to the full you guys !

< this should have one more than Fork handles.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Please tell us how much more enlightened are you now about the Wt. than you was when you came to this place? Still Totally ADD

I came to this place still an elder who had come to a realisation that the organisation was corrupt. I still however believed that the religion promoted good morals and a way of life that is beneficial. I believed that Jehovah was god and that I needed to please him by trying to lead a moral life similar to that prescribed by the Watchtower.

I am now a full blown “apostate” who is officially “no longer a Jehovah’s Witness”. I see the organisation as a high control group, a cult, that fleeces its members for its own profit. Nothing this religion teaches or has ever taught is true or has brought any benefits to society.

I have come to the conclusion that the bible and god are constructs invented to explain what was seen as unexplainable to our ancestors. These inventions are in the 21st century unnecessary, and are now, as through the centuries, used by power hungry despots to control the gullible and weak minded.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

And cant leave...its also about " who" and " what" you have taught in your five years here....thanks from me and all those no longer here.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

What you brought out is mostly how I feel. Thanks for your comments. Still Totally ADD

• Heaven
    Heaven

cantleave said: I have come to the conclusion that the bible and god are constructs invented to explain what was seen as unexplainable to our ancestors. These inventions are in the 21st century unnecessary, and are now, as through the centuries, used by power hungry despots to control the gullible and weak minded.

Excellently stated. I have exactly the same conclusion after being here for 5 years as well. 'God' is a figment of the human imagination and nothing more.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Wow. You're making me realize that I'll have been here for 5 years, too, at the end of July. Go figure. But maybe it's not a good idea to call to mind the sordid history of my posts from that era...it got pretty embarrassing... Anyway, congrats on that, bro. You and nugget are some of the coolest people on here, if you ask me. Not that there's a 'coolness tier system' going on here, though...

--sd-7

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I'm not far behind you cantleave.

I've been on here way too long and keep promising myself i will not post ever again.

then i do. it's some sort of addiction. it would be alright if i had anything of substance to add but i don't

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

yes time marches along, regardless of anything or anyone!

I first signed on to this site April 2012 to give condolances to Truman about the death of his son, when I was sleeping in recliner chairs in the hospital for almost a month with my father. I was visiting this site daily ( or nightly) at that time, and extremely thankful to have found it.

I remember hearing about the murder on the news, and it struck me when he was describing that this was his son.

I wonder what my life will be like in another 3 years ...will I still visit here as often, or at all? I have a feeling I will, maybe not as often, but maybe so.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...............................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit