Being a Witness results in selfish and self centered people!

by stuckinarut2 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Before my dad died we knew something was wrong with my mother mind. I keep begging my dad to get her help but he would not saying God will take care of it. After he died my wife and I was left with my mother to take care of her. From that point onward she kept getting worse. Her mind was leaving her. I was a elder then and I begged the elder's on our body to help me by talking to her to listen to her son. I was told it was not their responsiblity to help it was ours because we was family. She listen to us and finally violently attack my wife if it was not for the head rest on her seat in the car she could have broken my wife's neck. With not help from anyone in the congregation or my brother we finally had to just break our relationship with her or we would have ended up in a hosptial. She started spreading all kinds of lies about us in the congregation and these people believed her over us. I finally got my brother to take care of her and with that in place we left and moved to PA. She is now finally in a nursing home because she broke her hip. But all her money she had was all spent on maz. sub. and giving money to men in other countries. It was a big mess we had to clean up. All due to a cult that refuse to show any brotherly love. Still Totally ADD

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Still Totally Add...your post is heartbreaking. I think it took a lot to write that...and i think if posters here or those in your congregation really lived your experience, it would be hard on us. But we did'nt live it.

Its sad that as a congregation everyone should live and breath together, and it makes little sence when that love is missing. I think people do care here on J.W. Net...but we are just strangers and those who have felt your pain have lived it. Eventually they go on and find an alternative enviroment, or like me will go to another post very soon.

But i think you wrote a lovely post from your heart and it touched me.

i wish you " New Hope and Happiness"

Mike.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

What's the saying, birds of a feather, flock together...I have been a witness for just a short while...I'm not saying I don't have any personality hang nails, but being self centered isn't one of them...Yes, being selfish & self centered seems to be the common denominator....Takers & Users. Yes, there are some who will give you the shirt off their back, but that's a minority. Witnesses are cheap, yet, we should have more money than most, because we don't celebrate anything. But at the sametime, most of them want part-time jobs so they can put the Kingdom First...If you read some of the stories in our literature, you may read how hard it was for some...& you think to yourself, where are the friends in this story....that's what I'm thinking. I think most witnesses were that way before they became witnesses. But what I always say, just think how bad they would be if they weren't witnesses.

They give alot of lip service to what the world is like & how uncaring, they should know, it takes one to know one. Most of them have a mean streak and or spirit...just say something they don't agree with...watch their eyes.....a glaze goes over them & they get this look that could kill. Most have an aggressive personality, well for that matter most religious fanatics do...

Being a witness results in selfish and self centered people...nope, that's who they were all along, being a witness only helps promote that attitude.

Legacy

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

That and another experience is what help me to see this is not the true religion but just another cult. Thank you for your thoughts. Still Totallly ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit