Replacement For Hubble Telescope

by cofty 14 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

Hubble has been awesome especially considering it started with a manufacturing error and had to be repaired in space. It has brought pictures of deep space that we could not have dreamed possible a few decades ago.

Plans for its replacement are in progress. The James Webb Space Telescope will launch in 2018 and will be put in an orbit 1 million miles above earth. It's primary mirror is the size of a tennis court.

This thing is going to peer back to the very birth of our universe.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

A million miles?! Hope that one doesn't need maintenance done on it too.... But yes, this is pretty exciting. What a curious race of monkeys we are, putting tools in space to look back in time to the beginning of the universe, while still trying not to blow ourselves up with tribal conflicts.

• wanderlust
    wanderlust

Fascinating!! Excited to see what Webb finds!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

This will be an amazing tool. Let's hope it does not need glasses like Hubble did!

• prologos
    prologos

It will be at Lagrange 2, sun, moon and earth gravity pulling together out there to keep the WEBB nicely in low gravity, and cool, away from the sun , for it will be looking in cool colours. the reds. Computer technology will also allow it to filter out erroneous signals, as is done in earthbound telescopes now.

If wt can plan Warwick, looking for Nulite,

the scientific world can plan Webb. looking for the oldest light. cool and clear.

• Stumbeline
    Stumbeline

Fascinating! (Spock voice). I'm always so enthralled with how the universe works. I feel like it's become my new religion. I'm sure it will definitely answer more questions about how the universe was born. Can't wait!

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`ll probably be dead by then , and if not , what they discover will pose more questions for them to answer , that will require more research over decades if not centuries.

Its moments like this I wish I was immortal , its just so fascinating what is being discovered these days .

In contrast with that , we have religions and cultures that want to enslave the world to the dark ages , the very dark ages .

Oppression of women and men with their ideology .

No scientific advancement in any field.

Total reliance on what a few "Men" say is God/Allah `s will is for all humankind

smiddy

• pixel
    pixel

I'm very excited to see what JWST discovers.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hubble has given us so many amazing images. With the Webb telescope being larger, this will be a very interesting endeavour to look forward to.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Excellent! Thanks for posting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit