2029 - the year NOBODY from 1914 will still be alive.

by EndofMysteries 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Going by the oldest verified by birth cert living person is 115 years old, in 15 years not only will not "millions now living will never die(1914)" be untrue, but even 1 single person now living will never die will be out.

I wonder what the spin will be then w/ the WT. It's just around the corner, don't go to school, give us all your money and assets, it's happening REAL SOON now.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

No one talks about the "millions now living will never die" stuff. Most don't even know about it. There used to be a copy in a display case in the KH lobby, but it was removed several years ago.

Now everyone's focused on the new generation teaching, which was carefully formulated to put the end within the next 20 years at most, so surely it's right around the corner now.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Jeanne Calment's lifespan of 122 years is extremely well-documented, so technically that pushes it to 2036, but then again, no one has ever come close to Calment's record.

• sir82
    sir82

I wonder what the spin will be then w/ the WT.

The spin then will be the same spin as now - "overlapping generations".

You don't have to wait until 2029 to hear made-up $#!+.

• sporece
    sporece

They are good at recycling.....a new generation of brainwashed JW could care less of history and what was said and written.

New light always wins out.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The overlapping generation recently created by the GB of the WTS. is just a fraudulent

attempt to stretch the time scale further from 1914 which is a fraudulent doctrine in itself,

commercially appealing yes for a religious publishing house to take on but fraudulent nevertheless.

Other religious charlatans such as the recently passed away Harold Camping moved the end time date

further along date wise in his books and self made doctrines as well.

So there you have it more than a century has passed and nothing has happened as proclaimed by

by God's supposedly channel of communication to all mankind the Watchtower Publishing house.

Did the past president of the WTS. J. Rutherford announce publicly that god had chosen the WTS. or him as it were in 1919,

out of a calculated endeavor to attract and expand the readership of the WTS's publications ? ..... obviously Yes

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The fact that most didnt leave after 1995 when they came out with the Overlapping Generations bullcrap, show that ones will stay in for whatever reason. I mean seriouly Jesus was perfect but his languauge skills were so bad that "THIS GENERATION" both singular words and compound singular in that phrase, really means he was trying to say Overlapping Generations.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Crazyguy - the 1995 change wasn't to overlapping generations, it was to "the generation that saw the signs but failed to change their ways" which was a way of saying the generation could last indefinitely until armageddon comes. Then in 2008, they changed it to be the annointed ones from Jesus' day till armageddon (still doesn't put a time limit, armageddon could be 200 years off) then in 2010, they intro'd the overlap BS. I must've missed it then, but I don't think i was alone. I hadn't heard it talked about much until they re-capped it this year, and now it's come up more frequently. I think it may take a while to sink in (especially with all the 100 years of kingdom rule hype) but I think people will start to wake up because of it once things settle down a bit and they realize that it's just another in a long line of moves to kick the can a little down the road.

It's funny how the end of the generation always seems to line up nicely with the expected lifetime of those in power.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I should also add, that every change to the generation teaching (EXCEPT the overlap) had at least some kind of scriptural reasoning to back it up, as flimsy as it may have been. The single paragraph in the 2014 WT that explains the overlap has NO SCRIPTURE CITED. That's one of the things that really got me questioning it.

Edit:

Actually I take that back, It cited scriptures, but none were relevant to setting a precedent of an overlap.

• wanderlust
    wanderlust

Can someone please explain why the change from an undefined period of time to the "overlapping generation" b.s.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit