BOE Letter Regarding Youth Baptisms

by RubaDub 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• baltar447
    baltar447

Yeah today wasnt a good day. But i also have been seeing phony links facebook games where someome posts some bullshit post. My tolerance has disappeared.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Baltar447 - Calmness is the life of the fleshly orgasm ! \

Otherwise try new brands of sanitary pads

• Fernando
    Fernando

Yeah, mate it seems to be headed that way.

And won't the sheeple just love the Noo Lite...

• blondie
    blondie

Blondie, I have mentioned potty training required for baptismal candidates several times before (tongue in cheek)

The youngest I have ever seen is 6 years old....the TMS overseer felt a student should be able to read to participate (yes, I have heard that others allow it).

So will they go as low as 4 or 5, potty-trained required?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/281063/1/G-B-TALK-URGING-CHILD-BAPTISM#.U6qzu7lOVLM

Within the last 5 years, I have seen two 6-year-olds get baptized in this Midwest. Oy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no written rule as to how young you can be nor how old you are when you are no longer protected by your parents' "holiness." With Armageddon just around the corner for many JWS, or most, haha, they want that guarantee that their child will not die forever at Armageddon.

Six years old....hardly potty trained.

Blondie

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/126362/1/Baptism-and-At-What-Age#.U6q0N7lOVLM

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

In my 30+ years in the borg, I've seen a lot of young JW parents parents trying to "one-up" each other... It's become a competition to be a part of the "elite club".. you know, the ones that stand in front of the assembly platform mingling with the bethel brass or kissing their collective asses just to be seen. And if one JW couple happens to get an assembly part that highlights their sprituality, their rivals will immediately want to become pio-sneers just to "one-up" them and steal their thunder... Not to be outdone, the "assembly part" couple will then try to convince their nose-picking 5-year old that he/she is mature enough to become baptized. It's all about appearances... this is a very sick cult...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes!

i see instagram pictures of families showing their young spiritual kids involved in personal study or meeting preparation!

certainly a case of showing off to other families to one up each other!

sickening really!

didnt Jesus say not to practice your righteousness in front of others, but to do so in secret so Jehovah will reward in secret...

some garbage like that....certainly not showing off to others to see which kid gets dunked first!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Maybe the "Can birds fart?" thread pushed Baltar over the edge.

If only it had the *** Satire*** warning on it!

Rub a Dub

• rocketman
    rocketman

Part of the problem is that there is no thread preview feature.

This is especially a problem around April 1st of every year, for obvious reasons.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I hope that Baltar does not do anything foolish or harm himself when there is no Satire warning on the "Don't pee next to a cop" thread.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit