latest pictures

by nugget 36 Replies latest social entertainment

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Wonderful work!! So lifelike in detail truly beautiful. Also, great Dino and horse you two. I can draw 06 ope and horses...but I have no samples. But I do know the time and patience and skill needed...

• LV101
    LV101

Incredible, nugget!

Are you just a natural or have you taken many drawing courses for decades. Seriously, they say a painter/artist should take drawing courses every year/every semester of their life. Wish I could think of the famous 'life-drawing' artist who does this.

Are you familiar with the drawing instruction of the world renown Charles Barque - Gerome Drawing Course. I've 'heard' there's no serious artist without this instruction. You, obviously, don't need it and have your own style.

• nugget
    nugget

LV101 sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I am mostly self taught certainly in this method. I had to leave art college because the family was struggling financially at the time. I did no serious drawing for 15 years although I did some sketches when I was helping in school and running the art club.

I would love to learn some techniques. As I am sure that it would help a great deal with composition. You should never stop learning.

I have odd vision which means that I only look out of one eye at a time since one eye is long sighted and one short sighted. It sounds odd but I struggle with 3d I don't really see it I have to fake what it looks like.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Very nice work Nugget congratulations. The Heron and the snake are both beautiful.

• Heaven
    Heaven

nugget said: I would love to learn some techniques.

Same here nugget. I need some training on how to highlight properly.

• LV101
    LV101

nugget - I have that same vision but my eye doc told me it's perfect because I can get by with one contact lense - but I don't wear just one lense.

Technically, you have to close one eye when measuring to draw so you're GOOD -- you're already great at drawing. With your incredible, natural, drawing ability you need to have the perspective down (at least 3 pts.) and you'd pick that up in a college course and your work would no doubt be displayed - good PR.

I'm glad I saw your post because I need to check out your drawings and the color - are you using watercolor or acrylic as your medium or the colored pencils (pastels?) for added color. I think drawing ability is critical - so many painters out there just slap the paint on and know nothing about perspective/composition or even color theory for that matter.

Happy drawing!

• LV101
    LV101

Nugget - highlighting - study the sphere and practice drawing and placing your values. The highlight (where the light hits the object directly) is where you place your lightest highlight. You have to get the rest of your values placed in order for your highlight to be correct. The highlight is easy so don't worry about that but learn the other values on a sphere - it's the best place to start. There's technically 3 lights on an object. Values/measuring/foreshortening are the very most important things you can have down in art.

I'm sure there's some great books available but it's one of the best things to learn in a college art course. It will come back to you but I know after many yrs. it's blurry at first until it's demonstrated or you refresh yourself with a book. The Monsel (Monsell) value system is unreal - it might be online but his books are probably pricey. If you didn't have a value/drawing course - I know in the late 60s we weren't taught lineal perspective - there was no demand for it nor did most instructors know it well enough (if at all) to teach and everyone was more or less into free expression art and Renaissance era art thrown at us - so you may have been more on your own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit