They may not pass the plate around like other churches, but they do mention contributions a couple of times

by Legacy 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Is the Watchtower religion really so lacking in an identity of their own that 130 years after its founding it still feels it must elevate itself by stepping on the "competition"?

Yes.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I remember when churches were regularly criticized for having ATMs in the lobby....now they've got credit card machines at the assemblies and conventions. When that first happened, it definitely "stumbled" me. Its like the average JW doesn't even have a memory beyond 2 years ago...

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

OneEyedJoe the ATms at assemblies shocked me when I heard about them on this forum. It's the psychological impact I believe that's the problem, you just feel you have to give a larger amount with a card payment

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/275878/1/ATMs-in-assembly-halls#.U6mWAPldWSo

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

You know what gets me is that the witnesses I have talked to about it just don't get it...it is like they are in denial about this change. It just floors me.

• sporece
    sporece

The Mormon church receive 10% tithing but i have met many members that because of a loss of a job or not collecting enough social security, the church will pay their rent or mortgage and provide food and try to find jobs for their members.

The watchtower, GB does not do a damn thing for their people.

SSPO

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

You know as time goes along....I believe the WT org. will more & more duplicate the very places they think they are not...Like all religions, they will be found out & still keep worshipping. In a few years the org. will be nothing like it started to be. As we see from the start of this religion, many things have changed & still are changing. If they are too keep their congregation, they will have to loosen up...The Catholics were strict at one time...now look at them...time will tell.

They just think they are different because they think they are DA TRUFF...

Legacy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit