Jesus' 100th Anniversary of Kingdom Rulership - ONLY 100 DAYS REMAINING

by Calebs Airplane 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

"On October 2, 1914, Charles Taze Russell, then president of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, boldly announced: “The Gentile Times have ended; their kings have had their day.” How true his words proved to be! "

-Watchtower May 1, 1992 page 6

(from the article "The 1914 Generation - Why Significant?")

• designs
    designs

I have my clean white robe and looking for a perfect bridge for my sendoff....

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I am trying to decide what to do with my last 100 days of life. I have disagreed with the GB one time too many. I know that I will be judged accordingly.

DD

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Can we plan a big party?

Can we have strippers? Please?

Doc

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I'm celebrating invisibly...

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

AndDon'tCallMeShirley... but Jesus will celebrating visibly...

• Londo111
  • Dagney
    Dagney

I asked a JW friend if the were going to have a party celebrating the 100 year anniversary...after all, making it to 100 years for anything, even invisibly, is quite an accomplishment!

He gave me the finger.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I'm celebrating invisibly...

Me too, but my Bourbon is real.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I just noticed in the news that it's been 100 years since Archduke Ferdinand was assassinated. Wow, that's...more than three whole months before the Gentile Times ended. You would think World War I was declared on October 2nd or something. Was Russell just not reading the papers for the three months before or something?

Well, this date has no real meaning anymore. It's funny that 100 years ago, 1914 had a totally different meaning than it does to JWs today, and almost no JWs seem to be conscious of that. Jesus had supposedly been present for 40 years before that, but now that's not even discussed anymore, and obviously for good reason. Nobody would buy the idea of a 'generation' that lasted 140 years...ha ha...actually they would buy it, if they'll buy a 'generation' consisting of two groups, but not just people who were alive when the 1914 anointed were around, but people who were anointed when those 1914ers were around...you know, Jesus really should've left a chart if it was going to get this complicated. Oh, wait, maybe the Great Pyramid of Giza has a chart on it? Oh my GOD! Russell was right!!

So...100 years. Why am I even commenting on it? The buildings near the site of Ferdinand's assassination say that the 20th century 'turned a corner' in 1914. But not in October 1914. In June. And not because of invisible events, but because of visible ones, visible events that were taking place before the so-called Gentile Times ended.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit