Loyalty to Org Over Everything Else Part 2

by startingover13 24 Replies latest social physical

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

startingover13: I almost feel betrayed.

No "almost." You have been betrayed.

startingover13: What's more, she regurgitated the counsel she received saying that she loves me, but loves Jehovah, her God, more.

Regurgitated is exactly the right word.

startingover13: I just wish it wasn't such a complete and total mindf*ck.

Yeah, but it is.

I've been there. I know you probably don't want to hear this, but you need to: You do NOT want to be with a woman that will choose an abusive religious cult over you.

startingover13: I also was able to start to see people for what they are.

Now it's time to see yourself, your girlfriend, your family, the elders, the congregation and the entire JW religion for what it is. See them all for what they really are.

I know it's hard, but you have to look. You have to see.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

cha ching: "For as much as people think that there is "only one person" that is your ideal match, that just could not be true!"

That line gave me an instant flashback to a comment by Losch during morning worship years ago. As I recall, the subject he was into was that bethel brothers shouldn't get involved with less spiritual sisters. I think he used the line, "there are plenty more fish in the sea." So these brothers should move on to find someone suitably spiritual. The subject turned dark as he went into an example. He said something like, "You may think she's the one and only girl for you, but look around you at examples right here in the bethel family. There are brothers here who have lost their beloved wives to disease or accidents, but they go on to find new wives that they love just as much as the ones they lost."

Of course, there were plenty of mortified sisters in the family as they thought of such brothers that married younger, prettier wives and suddenly saw themselves and their marriages as greatly cheapened. Losch has an uncanny ability to open his mouth and have stupid $h!t come pouring out.

...now back to the subject at hand...

• kaik
    kaik

startingover, you are better off. In JW world marriage and healthy relationship are secondary, the organization is foremost and with it comes all time, privacy, and dedication. While it hurts at the beginning, in longer term in you will be better off. There is no need for you to be in threeway relationship with the borg.

• Listener
    Listener

The other thing to consider is that unfortunately if you were to marry and she remained a loyal JW the marriage may never be a happy one. The organization has written a number of articles regarding pre marital sex and endeavours to make those doing this feel guilty for the rest of their lives. Not only that but they also endeavour to make one partner view the other partner negatively and without respect. You can't win if this is the mindset that she chooses.

• startingover13
    startingover13

Thanks to all for the words of wisdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit