Dissed by a Sister!

by finally awake 14 Replies latest jw friends

• finally awake
    finally awake

I was running the cash till at the annual Boy Scout fundraiser yard sale yesterday, wearing my finest Boy Scout t-shirt and enjoying the blistering heat, when I saw a local family of witnesses browsing the merchandise. They studiously avoided looking at me, but eventually a bargain nightgown proved irresistable and the wife was forced to approach the cash table and ask about pricing. We avoid putting prices on each item because there is just too much stuff and we remind everyone that the money sends the kids to summer camp so the guilt kicks in and people pay more. Anyway, Sister Bargain Hunter asked the price and I advised her that it was $1, which she paid and off she went. After she left, I told the other ladies sitting with me that Sister Bargain Hunter had once been one of my closest friends, but since I stopped attending the meetings, she no longer would associate with me. They were all appropriately puzzled and asked if we had argued - I explained that the simple fact that I don't attend meetings has marked me as a dirty apostate and that's all that's needed to shun me. Lovely little reverse witness given that afternoon I think.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

And now she is being persecuted for taking a stand for pure worship.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Remember to turn in your anti-witnessing field service slip!

• finally awake
    finally awake

Gee Bob, I fail to see how Sister Bargain Hunter is being persecuted by a simple reporting of the facts. She had the option of not stopping at a well marked fundraiser for an organization roundly condemned by the Borg. She also had the option of being friendly and acknowledging me as a friend, in which case I'd have had nothing to talk about.

Billy - I plan on counting the entire day, as well as 4 anti-studies and return visits. Where do I submit my slip?

• Scully
    Scully

Interesting how she snubs you for volunteering at a Boy Scouts fundraiser, but she has no qualms about shopping there.

Maybe she has a special library card. LOL

You realize that this puts her in a very precarious situation, right? Her Bible Trained Conscience™ will now be nagging her to report you to the Elders™, however if she does she will implicate herself in wrongdoing at the same time. The only way she could report you without implicating herself would be to lie about how she knew you were volunteering at a Boy Scouts fundraiser.

I've got $5 that says she will be compelled to sacrifice the nightgown on the BBQ before it strangles her in her sleep. LOL

• blondie
    blondie

Reading this experience, it reminded me of an event in the bible where Jesus illustrated how the Pharisees would violate their law when it benefited them personally..........

(Matthew 12:9-14) . . .After departing from that place he went into their synagogue; 10 and, look! a man with a withered hand! So they asked him, “Is it lawful to cure on the sabbath?” that they might get an accusation against him. 11 He said to them: “Who will be the man among YOU that has one sheep and, if this falls into a pit on the sabbath, will not get hold of it and lift it out? 12 All considered, of how much more worth is a man than a sheep! So it is lawful to do a fine thing on the sabbath.” 13 Then he said to the man: “Stretch out your hand.” And he stretched it out, and it was restored sound like the other hand. 14 But the Pharisees went out and took counsel against him that they might destroy him .

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Screw em, I say.

"Dissed by a sister", does that make her a dister?

• zophar
    zophar

How friendly were you to her? Were the bystanders able to see a clear difference in the way you treated the disser?

If so you get to count double time!

Turn the report in at the next witness cart you see.

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

I think the sister might be worried about stumbling others! Buying stuff from the scouts?

Next thing you'll be telling me that buying something from a church fair is permitted!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would have told Sister Bargain Hunter that her dollar would go toward para-military and survival training for your neighborhood boys in case they ever went off to war. Then I would have thrown in my own buck when she stormed off without buying.

Good job exposing the cult to others around you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit