New forum russian exJW

by Melchisedek 20 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Melchisedek,

Do the Jehovah Witnesses in Russia have the same type of Judicial Committees as most other countries? Do they tell parents not to even share emails with disfellowshipped children? And is shunning strictly enforced?

I would think that since the literature is banned in Russia that the strong hold that the Governing Body has over the congregations there to be much weaker than say USA where the Watchtower Corporation headquarters is.

• Melchisedek
    Melchisedek

JW in Russia are the same as in the United States or Canada or Spain !

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

How has the 2009 ban on the extremest literature of the Watchtower Corporation effected the JWs there in Russia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses

Russian Federation [ edit ]

On December 8, 2009 the Supreme Court of Russia upheld the ruling of the lower courts which pronounced 34 pieces of Jehovah's Witness literature extremist, including their magazineThe Watchtower, in the Russian language, and the book for children, My Book of Bible Stories. Jehovah's Witnesses claim that this ruling affirms a misapplication of the Federal Law on Counteracting Extremist Activity to Jehovah's Witnesses. The ruling upheld the confiscation of property of Jehovah's Witnesses in Taganrog (Rostov Region) in Russia,.....

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Hi Mel,

I guess JW's are the same everywhere in the world except on the JW Public Relations Channel.

• Melchisedek
    Melchisedek

For distributing extremist literature give fined.

• Melchisedek
    Melchisedek

Quarterback, yes, sure!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Melchisedek - I thanks to the Internet is no longer a JW, thanks old books Watchtower - Russell, Rutherford, Knorr. A great influence on me have the book Raymond Franz, Don Cameron, Carl Olof Jonsson and others. In Russian there is a lot of truth about JW)))

Hi Melchisedek, Although reading books by Raymond Franz, Don Cameron, etc to learn more about the WTBTS's history and doctrines was very important to you, most JWs believe in the WTBTS for emotional reasons and do not critically think for themselves.

Have you read books by cult-exit couselors like Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves, and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visited his website www.freedomofmind.com, or watched his FREE videos on his website?

Do you want to help JW family and friends to critically think for themselves so that they can live life free from the WTBTS? If you do, it may be better to ask them simple questions instead of showing them what helped you to see TTATT, encourage them to do time consuming non-WTBTS hobbies that they love, and to learn how to overcome thought-stopping platitudes that the WTBTS teaches them.

By the way, what is an "iron barrier" and why is it good? I have not read "Iron barrier" in Western media sources. I have read articles in English on Russia Today, but do not remember the phrase "iron barrier".

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Melchisedek
    Melchisedek

Yes, I read the book Steve Hassan's "Combatting Cult Mind Control", it is in Russian.

Under the "iron barrier" I mean a ban to leave the USSR and Cutting from the outside world. This barrier after the collapse of the USSR and it is no good!

In Russian there are many articles and books written about JW Russian exJW ... We in Russia are trying to help JW begin to think critically and to be free from the cult of WT

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Melchisedek - In Russian there are many articles and books written about JW Russian exJW ... We in Russia are trying to help JW begin to think critically and to be free from the cult of WT

Hi Melchisedek, What do Russian articles and books recommend to help JWs to critically think for themselves? How effective have those Russian articles and books been for you and other exJWs to help JWs to critically think for themselves? In the US JWs avoid reading information that criticizes the WTBTS or talking with people who criticize the WTBTS. The WTBTS's BITE control is very powerful.

Although I like Steve Hassan's methods a lot, it is very difficult to ask simple questions of JWs, to invite them to do fun non-WTBTS activities, and overcome thought-stopping platitudes, when they run away if they feel their beliefs are threatened. I have not personally been successful helping JWs/exJWs overcome the WTBTS's BITE control, because the one JW who I care about avoids talking with me. An exJW, who I know, does not believe in the Bible but does believe that the WTBTS has the "Truth". JWs who knock on my door try to just drop off WTBTS propaganda without having a conversation.

To make sure that I understand what you wrote about the "iron barrier", after the USSR collasped the Russian Federation passed laws to prevent Russians from immigrating (or traveling?) from Russia to other countries and to create barriers to freely trade outside of Russia. I do not like it when the US government prevents me from freely traveling to countries like Cuba. I would never immigrate to Cuba or most other countries, but I like to visit other countries for a vacation.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Melchisedek
    Melchisedek

Effect on the JW is not large because of their fanaticism! But we try to help people learn the truth about WT ...

After the collapse of the Soviet Union could travel to any country. During Soviet times, traveling abroad was banned (((
    You are not allowed to go to Cuba? It's bad, here in Russia there is no such prohibition!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit