Pretty Sad

by piztjw 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I sat at an Assembly once out doors in the middle of summer and got sun stroke.

Couldn't really hear the speaker well because of the lousy PA system .

Retrospectively looking back it was a total useless redundant waste of time

because it was all bullshit designed to sell the WTS's publications.

The JWs is one sick MF religion because it robs so much time and potential from people who could be doing something much more productive in helping themselves as well humanity.

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

piztjw said: "Friday, while touting the greatness of JW.Org the RC speaker bragged about the web site being translated into OVER 400 languages. On Saturday Splane bragged about it being translated IN 369 languages. While that is close to 400 it surely isn't OVER 400"

Hey piztjw, don't you realize these differences can be easily explained like we tend to do with Bible discrepancies.

You see...those two speakers were not contradicting each other. They were just describing the facts from a different angle to the different audience next day. For instance, on Friday the RC speaker looked at the facts and stated conservatively -- that they had definite plans to translate into 369 languages. But on Saturday, Splane more liberally included an additional 30 languages being talked about by the GB to be added to the previous list which the Friday speaker did not get care to elaborate on, until there was more certainty on the matter. You see, there is no contradiction. It all depends how you look at it.

Don't you remember how Bible discrepancies can be explained likewise. Keep in mind these two speakers are Bible students above all, so they know how the system works.

Hey, take this as playful speculation! Just don't ever doubt the Governing Body, lest you be destroyed!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I thought I had previously heard over 600 languages now in translation?

Anyone else recall? (Guess I'll have to pay attention if I go to any of this convention.) HA

What does JW.Org say?

Doc

• factfinder
    factfinder

The most recent figure for translation is about 700 languages. ( See the 2014 tour brochure for the US.)

They present such information in a confusing way because it seems most jws don't understand the figures themselves. There have been descrepensies in describing the sq footage of the Wallkill printery with the w, g, km and the tour brochure giving different figures for it.

They are misleading in what they say is the printing for the w because they don't include the printing of the study edition in it.

In 2012, according to an article on jw.org, they printed more than 1.3 billion magazines or 108 million per month. Yet the 46 million copies of the public w and the 45 million of g come to around 91 million monthly, leaving over 17 million for the study editions which they never mention.

For the web site they mention material is in over 300 langs and you can download pubs that appear in over 400 languages. They are unclear in how they express it.

They don't get there facts straight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit