Pretty Sad

by piztjw 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• piztjw
    piztjw

It really is pretty sad that the GB and their "fair-haired-boys" cannot get their stories straight even from one day to the next.

Friday, while touting the greatness of JW.Org the RC speaker bragged about the web site being translated into OVER 400 languages. On Saturday Splane bragged about it being translated IN 369 languages. While that is close to 400 it surely isn't OVER 400.

Then yesterday one of the speakers said, "The Mormon church is investing on internet web site outreach. WE do not do that! WE go from house to house."

Yeah right! From house to house promoting the internet!

Gawd Im glad I only have one more day of this to put up with. Even my dear parents are beginning to get fed up.

• XkhanX
    XkhanX

Hang on. Ay least you can surf the web n read more encouraging bible articles a

such as Jwfacts, or jw survey. One that I discover recently is http://meletivivlon.com

the insightful articles helps us to build faith in the Bible.

• paladin
    paladin

Our RC is during the first week of July and this is what I have to put up with. I'm already fed up.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

piztjw, you are clearly listening too closely and thinking. Could you please refrain from doing that and simply do this instead:

Listen, Obey and Be Blessed!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I recommend a good nap.

• DJS
    DJS

pistjw,

House to house? Really? In the 17 years I've lived at my current residence, which is very close to a KH and in a very nice area with lots of areas to 'break," I've seen evidence of the Borg at my door on 4 occasions. That's once every 4 plus years. I've seen the Mormons and the Baptists more often. Of course, the Borg members may simply be 'air knocking," which is what a lot of us were doing a quarter century ago. But door to door? If it isn't on the tv and now the Internet, no one pays it any never mind.

Oubilette, thanks for being on this site. I don't really belong here and your presence, and those like you, keep me around. BTW, I like your calm demeanor a lot, but I like your wise ass demeanor a lot more. Mock on.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

I am dreading the convention. This coming weekend. In Texas. Hot. Crowded. Torturous. And that is without the mind numbing talks.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

There are MANY things I'd rather be doing on a summer weekend than sitting in a baking-hot stadium in Texas humidity listening to some boring old farts droning on and on and on. For teens and younger children, that must be inhuman torture. Hopefully a lot of folks will get fed up and leave after a few miserable hours. Swimming in the hotel pool will sound so much better!!

• kaik
    kaik

NAVYTOWN, it is torture for everyone even elderly. My parents never go for more than day. I was on three day convention in 1991 and never again just from sitting in the heat.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DJS: I like your calm demeanor a lot, but I like your wise ass demeanor a lot more. Mock on.

Why I think that's the nicest compliment I've had all week! Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit