Quotes in the Creation book... My article so far...

by ILoveTTATT 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi,

Please review my article (so far) on the quotes in the Creation book...

Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/trsrdw4ojs9fec7/Quotes%20in%20the%20book%20-%20Formal%20Article.pdf

• nugget
    nugget

Very interesting read. A good examination that shows how the quotes have sometimes been manipulated to give a deceptive meaning. A very useful exercise. Thank you for your hard work.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Ok so now I have updated it and have quotes up to the 10th one of the second chapter:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhvobkk76bsl22y/Quotes%20in%20the%20book%20-%20Formal%20Article%20-%202.pdf

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Sorry... I am having problems with the printing to PDF... everything looks just perfect in my laptop (Word), but horrible in the PDF.

I will fix it soon...

• ILoveTTATT
  • ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Please don't use the first two links. Only the last one works.

ILTTATT

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Looks good so far! Please keep up the good work. :)

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I have 8 more quotes to go and I will be done with all quotes in Chapter 2!

The hardest quotes to get will be:

5. The Star, Johannesburg, “The Evolution of a Theory,” by Christopher Booker, April 20, 1982, p. 19.

16. The World Book Encyclopedia, 1982, Vol. 6, p. 335.

Anyone here from South Africa that can help me get that newspaper article?

The World Book Encyclopedia one will be hard because most libraries don't stock all the editions of all encyclopedias... However, I did see 1982 individual volumes (and the whole set too!) on Ebay.

The individual volume would be only like $4 to purchase...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Nice work! Keep it up.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

ILoveTTATT: You make an excellent point on page 2 of your analysis, "Creationist propaganda generally only quotes the problem, but not the solution."

Are you familiar with the Awake! articles on propaganda? It's a really insightful read. To my mind, it is pretty conclusive evidence that the WTBTS writers are quite aware of what they are doing, they are aware of their deceptive techniques and practices and the methods of using propaganda to manipulate.

Here's a quote from the last article to get you started:

THERE is a difference—a big difference—between education and propaganda. Education shows you how to think. Propaganda tells you what to think. Good educators present all sides of an issue and encourage discussion. Propagandists relentlessly force you to hear their view and discourage discussion. - Awake!, June 22, 2000, pp. 9-11 – [Emphasis added]

You can acces all three articles in the June 22, 2000 Awake here, or use the following links for each one individually:

- -

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit