Family dynamics and the Org.

by LDH 64 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Xandit,

I don't understand your "pass me another camel" remark. I don't smoke camels myself. They are too heavy to hoist into the air and they don't stay lit very well, probably because they retain water. I asked a women once if she smoked after sex. She said she didn't know because the lights were off.

• TMS
    TMS

The application of several scriptural "principles" affect family stability, cohesiveness and longevity:

"seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to you."

"making use of the world as those not using it to the full"

"he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me."

No question in my mind that the application given these and other quotes has greatly affected families among Jehovah's Witnesses. How many times have assembly parts featured individuals who have allegedly turned their back on lucrative opportunites in this system to "pursue kingdom interests"?

How many times have parents been expected to turn their backs on teen-age or young adult offspring at the precise point in their young lives when they most needed adult guidance and understanding?

How many basically good kids have grown up with enormous guilt trips because they never measured up to the narrow JW definition of a "faithful son"?

Indeed, family dynamics are affected by Watchtower traditions.

I've listened to "personal responsibility" arguments presented far more eloquently than Xandit's expressions, and feel that point of view is expressed by non-witnesses or those on the fringe.

Having been in the org. over half a century, I've seen the end result of Wt. policies on the family.

TMS

• JT
    JT

TMS:

you are on the money , i find Bro X comments most interesting in view of the Culture that WT produces in it's members

your post was great

JT

• DriveslikeJehu
    DriveslikeJehu

Sheesh, people! I try to bring this thread back on topic, and it goes back down the tubes again! Hey Xandit, can you help a brother out?lol

wendy being MOMMY today
    And doing a great job of it, I might add.
  • LDH
    LDH

bttt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit