received text from my mom

by GoUnion 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• GoUnion
    GoUnion

So my wife and my parents are at their convention today. this will be the first time in my life that i will not have seen a drama or baptism. i will miss the public address, i will not see many of my lifelong friends that i have moved away from. it took me awhile to get started this morning, im going to be heading to the gym but i just received this text from my mom.

"I just wanted to tell you, Dad and I love you, (my wife) loves you and all your friends love you, as does Jehovahs. Please don't throw it all away."

my mom has never talked to me like this before and it kind of hit me hard today. it amazes me how much my decision to simply stop attending meetings has affected them. i would like to be part of my old social network, i had real friends and while it was "the truth" that brought us together, the friendships that developed over a lifetime were real. they would still be real except for this manmade barrier that is engrained in the minds of JWs, this barrier that tells a person that when their friend does not fit into the mold, they are spiritually "weak". the alarms go off in their mind, and the isolation process begins. no more conversations, no more invites, the defective cog must be left alone, maybe it will be fixed, maybe not, leave it alone so it wont rub off on others.

its a tough process to go through, to leave this religon/cult. i have been very careful so as not to incriminate myself in various conversations, but that is what is so ingenious about this cult. it forces ones that learn TTATT that do not want to be df/ed, to keep queit. the ones that dont, obviously we know what happens.

open discourse, dangerous indeed.

its a nice day outside, i think im gonna go enjoy it.

• whathappened
    whathappened

You are between a rock and a hard place. Unfortunately, people you love are going to be hurt. Just keep telling them you love them and hopefully you can get them out of the cult in time also.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"Please don't throw it all away."

This statement is always made by JWs...but in reality, it is the JW that throws away their friends and family, not the other way around. When a person decides to quit going to the meetings, invariably they also state a desire to keep their friends and family in their life.

But, sadly in JW Land, it's one or the other. There's no room in their lives for their religion and family that simply sees things in a different way.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

its a nice day outside, i think im gonna go enjoy it.

GoUnion, well done. There are great things to enjoy in this world. It's not going to be easy for you but even though my family shun me would I go back to that asylum? No, a thousand times no. Perhaps it won't come to that at all for you, you might get them all out.

• SG098
    SG098

Stay strong. I don't blame you for not going and parking your butt in a chair for 3 days. Your story is similar to mine. I'm debating on going to the convention also, especially since it's on July 4th weekend!! WTF?!?! It won't go over well with my family but you have to stand up for what you believe in. Enjoy YOUR day.....not the b0rgs day.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

This statement is always made by JWs...but in reality, it is the JW that throws away their friends and family, not the other way around.

This is so true. Family & old friends outside of the religion are usually willing to work with the JW and maintain normal family & friends relationships. The Watchtower constantly puts a wedge in between normal family & friend relationhip to the point where most JW's really know very little about relatives and/or old friends who had no association with the cult. This cult truly is a destroyer of families.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

"I just wanted to tell you, Dad and I love you, (my wife) loves you and all your friends love you, as does Jehovahs. Please don't throw it all away."

Thanks Mom...I love you and Dad too. I'm not sure how you know for sure what Jehovah does or doesn't think about me but if he loves me as you say, he will always love me and he knows exactly who I am and who I've always been.

I know it's not quite the same thing but when I graduated and left highschool, you didn't say " don't throw it all away" . You knew that I'd always benefit from the knowledge I had gained there and I'd have fond memories of that experience. You also realized that even though it served a purpose and was beneficial for a time, there was no need for me to continue on there forever especially since there is so much broder knowledge to gain and experiences to be had by moving forward.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

GoUnion, yes it is tough to leave this religion, but once you've woken up to TTATT, you can never unlearn that and so it would be impossible to stay.

I suggest you text your mom back and say, "I love you too, mom!"

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I suggest you text your mom back and say, "I love you too, mom!"

And leave it at that!

Fight the urge to say anything more.

Doc

• snowbird
    snowbird

Stand firm.

We mothers know how to get to our children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit