Gods Kingdom? Who wants it?

by Jeannette 15 Replies latest social family

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

If Gods Kingdom is anything like the laws of Leviticus and other books, it will be tough on women and children. A man gets into a fight with another man and his wife impulsively grabs the offenders testies. Her hands are cut off. That will be hard to tend to the children and a garden like that, but touching his privates are more important than her hands. No apology accepted; no court case. Plunk, they're off.

But your Daddy will take care of you------------that is until he brings home a couple of georgeous hunks from town. Then if other townsfolk bang on his door stating they want sex with them, he'll the offer the girls to them-you. A virgin girl offered to a horde of sex-crazed lunatics.

Hasn't every, well, almost every kid when the hormones were raging, spouted off to their parents? I have. If I'd have lived back then with this desert Gods rule, my parents would have to have taken me out and stoned me to death. I suspect there weren't too many teenagers left. Again, no apology, no court case.

Gods Kingdom? Who wants it? As for me and my children, we don't.

To be continued.......................

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

That was one of my light bulb moments when I realised and said out loud:

"I don't want to spend eternity with these people or their BS!"

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

I certainly understand! One of these days, I'm going to do some research on how women were treated in the Bible. Of course they were property of the male and were under their whim, so why would we not think that under Gods kingdom things would change. Just think. ETERNITY like that?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I'm going to do some research on how women were treated in the Bible.

No need to read the Bible...just look at Islam. They really are a throwback to a 3,000 year old mindset and have much in common with Jehovah's™ methodology.

• designs
    designs

Being God is just to big a job for God. You try holding the universe together and feeding the little people....

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Desert god.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Don't you want to live forever in Paradise?

NOT if it's with a bunch of Jehovah's Witnesses!

Doc

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

We know YHWH does everything for a reason even when we don't understand.

I think as YHWH got to know the complex creation called man he toned down things.

Gods kingdom will take on the bubble of Christ and not ancient Isreal of the desert. So don't worry, you would not have to worry about sand between your toes!

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

YHWH does too much killing-men, women, children. On and on and on. And Jesus was with him before he came to the earth so he is just like him, I think. I know he's portrayed as kind, humble, turn the other cheek guy, but all that propaganda was written to control the masses-us. Most people don't like Gods that are war-like. Since Christianity spread there have been so many wars. Especially in this last century. World War 1, World War2, gearing up for World War 3. And the sadistic murders that were pulled off are more like what Satan would do. Sand between my toes? Ha ha-well, there's always the beach.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Good points.

Along with DOC's thought, I've though a lot about what JW paradise would mean.

Endless fruit platters and a personal petting zoo might be nice at first, but after 347,000 years that would get old. What happens when someone plants some marijuana and starts smoking it up once the buds are ready? What if someone starts a 'business' or a competitive sports league? Are they going to get wiped off of the face of the earth? And how will those still alive cope with that kind of justice?

Its an impossibility, unless free will is removed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit