A happy people?

by myself 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Shiny happy people holding hands.......

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

If you are a JW and are finding happiness outside of "spiritual activities" you are treading a dangerous path and should redouble your efforts to "get back to Jehovah". You, therefore, start feeling guilty.

If you are a JW and are trying to do everything right and are not happy, then you are not trying hard enough. You, therefore, start feeling guilty.

If you are a JW and decide that everything outside of the BOrg is evil and horrible and you concentrate on a future fantasy, you MIGHT be relatively happy....since you feel that everyone else outside of "Jehovah's Organization" exhibits only a false happiness, and THEY WILL DIE!!!!

Most JWs I've known exhibit a veneer of happiness, and they tend to stuff any problems rather than dealing with them (the wait-on-Jehovah syndrome). Most of them, however, are constantly seeking some sort of treatment (medial or alternative) to help them to cope with "Satan's evil system of things" which places a tremendous burden on them.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    Shiny happy people holding hands.......

Sheesh, Hygh, you know very well that holding hands is not allowed unless you intend to marry the person.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Too true, there were SOOO many people I knew on Prozac, or other anti-depressants. The ones that weren't were taking herbal remidies in attempts at self treatment. I was happy, at least, partly due to the fact that I did what I wanted to anyway (got me in trouble all the time . But I HATED meetings, at least the content portion of them, preparing for talks (but actually didn't mind giving them), and REALLY hated FS. But like going to the dentist, one put up with the bad to get the 'good' which was continued friendship with others.

The other thing that really chapped my ass was the conditional-ness of friendships - JWs are forever getting offended at one thing or another, it's like walking on eggshells all the time to avoid offending someone. I've never known a thiner-skinned people. This doesn't tend to lead to real happiness!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit