Strange but Sad!

by John Aquila 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I had a couple of elders come visit me about an hour ago. They wanted to inform me that a brother who was well known throughout the circuit had died. (I actually knew about it but did not go to the funeral) He was about to hit 90 years old, missed it by a few weeks.

It’s kind of a strange and sad story because when I came into the organization in my teens, (around 15 years old) this brother was giving talks in conventions, was the assembly overseer, pioneering and doing everything he possibly could for the WTS. He lived a very simple and meager life

I’m in my 60s now and I saw this man and his wife conscientiously do everything the WTS asked of him. They were not bad people, they were very kind and honest. He was married at 18 and had a daughter at 19. 16 years later the daughter was disfellowshipped and was never reinstated. Both he and his wife shunned her all their life. She would call once a year, every New Years- January, to see how they were doing. They would say; “We’re doing find” and ask her if she was ready to come back to Jehovah’s organization. She would say “No” and they would hang up on her. She had two brothers who are JWs. One ran off with a non-jw married woman, and was reproved. These two brothers have also shunned their sister all their lives. But she was the Firstborn.

I was told there was over 300 Jws that attended the funeral, but the daughter was not there. I asked the elders if they contacted the daughter to tell her that her father had died. They said “NO” We are not under obligation to contact a disfellowship person. They said, “She will have to find out when she calls next January.”

Then they said, “That what she gets for leaving Jehovah’s Organization.

I don’t feel sorry for these people. Cult or no cult, normal human behavior tells you this is wrong.

I hope they learn TTATT on the last 15 minutes of their death bed.

• Virran
    Virran

I asked the elders if they contacted the daughter to tell her that her father had died. They said “NO” We are not under obligation to contact a disfellowship person. They said, “She will have to find out when she calls next January.”

Then they said, “That what she gets for leaving Jehovah’s Organization.***

How loving! It's loving actions like this that really proves that the Holy Spirit is guiding this organization!! Not!!!

• cappytan
    cappytan

Isn't disfellowshipping such a loving arrangement?

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

And yet the Org tells Elders to contact D/F'd ones at times to find out if they want to return to "God's org!"

These Elders are cold-blooded and heartless. One day their time will come.

• blondie
    blondie
    So you can talk to the df'd in January?
  • Lynnie
    Lynnie
    They will most certainly contact you if they need help with caregiving or money for your aging parent(s). And make it seem like it's the most normal thing in the world to act like that! But any other common courtesy forget it!
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

Funeral Etiquette

Quote; Visiting the bereaved - should you visit immediately or wait for an invitation?

Not only is it good funeral etiquette but it is common courtesy and caring to call on the bereaved to offer sympathy and help.

Usually about 15 minutes is sufficient time to express your sympathy.

http://www.a-to-z-of-manners-and-etiquette.com/funeral-etiquette.html

• Ding
    Ding

This makes me wonder if those elders know anything Jesus taught.

If they do, the organization has removed it from them.

Very sad...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe you did the right thing being that he mistreated his daughter for leaving the JW cult. If a cult mandates that its members are to only love and associate with other likewise cult members, that opens the door to disregard these ones themselves without fault or regret.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    This is ugly to the core. My father was given a witness burial and I was left out. I went anyway and threw a nice pile of stones at coffin. I just could not forgive him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit