Blood in whose army!?

by sunny23 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sunny23
    sunny23

Used this method to logically convince my friend who is also DFd of one of many reasons as to why I shall never return and he agreed. Let me know if anything is false or misleading and we can revise :)

Blood Transfusions:

Back in ancient times , the OT, were the 10 commandments important?

Yes

Was there any blood law mentioned in them?

No

The Sabbath and keeping it was one of the 10 commandments right?

Yes

Breaking that commandment meant severe punishment, death, a greater punishment than breaking a so called blood law?

Yes

Exodus 31:14-15 "You shall keep the Sabbath, for it is holy unto you: every one that defiles it shall surely be put to DEATH: for whosoever does ANY work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever does any work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to DEATH."

Did people get executed for eating blood in the bible?

No

Is it safe to say that keeping to the ten commandments was more important than a law on blood?

Yes

Did Jesus ever break the Sabbath law?

Yes

Why did he?

Matthew 12:1-13

Jesus said: "What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the Sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? How much then is a man better than a sheep?Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the Sabbath days. Then said he to the man, Stretch forth your hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other."

So Jesus taught that the preservation of life supersedes law?

Yes

Can a blood transfusion save a life?

Yes

Did they have the capabilities to use blood to save lives in the bible?

No

Did Jesus and disciples at one time have the ability to cure blood disorders

and save lives and did they do so whilst breaking other laws?

Yes

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Some sound reasoning here sunny, never analysed it like that before.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Hoo boy, I am marky mark and the FUNKYBUNCHIN the HECKERS out of this thread. Good reasoning sir! (/madam)

• Witness My Fury
  • sunny23
    sunny23

Thanx and it's "sir" ;)

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

There's similar reasoning on jwfacts as this, too. It also talks about how jews see blood transfusions as fine, which is quite a testamony, considering they can't eat a cheeseburger because of thier wide application of a very specific scripture (that says not to boil a kid in it's mother's milk, which is nothing like putting cheese on a hamburger). You'd think if anyone was going to ban blood, it'd be the jews...

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

I reasoned with the elders like that.

They said. Jesus did not break the Sabbath law, just the Pharisees interpretation of it.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

DAN -

EXACTLY!! If we accept a blood transfusion, then we are not breaking the edict of Acts 15, only the Gibbering Buddies interpretation of it.

The elduhs will not even discuss this with you unless you agree with them. I will not discuss it with the elduhs unless they agree with me. Impasse - Aesop's fable of the heron and the oyster.

I refuse to accept the Witchtowers rule which reduces my one and only life to a mere gambling chip to be thrown down on the table.

• Londo111
  • sunny23
    sunny23

Dan I could see them saying that and even if it's true the logic that doing something "good" is above all else still persists. If Jesus were here today standing next to a child whose severe blood loss from a crash requires a blood transfusion and the parents resist he might say,

"Who here among you, that has puppy dog, and if it falls into the pool, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? How much then is a human better than a dog? Therefore it is lawful to do good life saving things to all humans by any means necessary!"

For Jesus not to be breaking the Sabbath then healing people and picking from fields would have to not meet the definition of "work" and yet Jesus uses an illustration of retrieving a sheep out of a pit. I don't know about you but I would consider it some hard work to try and get a fatass sheep out of a deep narrow pit all by myself! And Jesus knew that and refferences it IMO to show that "good" work CAN be performed on the Sabbath day and you would remain free from punishment. Therefore it's safe to assume that using blood for "good work" in a manner unknown in ancient times can be performed without punishment from God. Honestly what kind of supreme being could actively watch a father give his blood to his daughter and save her life and then condemn both of them to be cut off from salvation for healing and saving a life out of noble actions?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit