"Aren't you going the wrong way at this stage of your life?"

by donny 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• clarity
    clarity

Hmmm this part disappeared ........>

Can't be said any better than that Terry!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Apog, sociopaths make leaders with monstrous egos who manipulate everyone for their own ends and have no desire to make the world a better place! We need leaders like that like we need a hole in the head.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Sorry Apog I think you were being ironic. It's not been an easy day, my brain faded out there for a minute. (Just heard a relative has cancer)

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.

Well, I wasn't being ironic so much as I was suggesting why it's not an aberration that sociopaths show up in the general population; since they tend to be successful leaders there is probably an evolutionary incentive for them to spring up. A tribal leader who is not compassionate would have been unpleasant to follow, but he could have also been more effective in his leadership, by promoting his tribe at the expense of others.

But nowadays, in the luxurious first world, it seems that there is less of a need for ruthless leaders and more opportunities for them to do harm.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You on the other hand, were much more zealous back then and now have pretty much left it all behind. Why?

Surely it is not because you are not sowing your oats at this time.".....Donny

Thats what caught my eye in the OP..

The pre-Programed WBT$ JW response..

.............................................................................You Left The JWs For..

................................................................Satans Big Party in the Outside World..

................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Mum
    Mum

We all would like to have a Big Daddy who can take away our pain and make us feel good about ourselves in the midst of whatever life throws at us. I think fear, for many people, is at the root of needing God -- for protection, for solace, for hope. Others build social networks around church and commonality of worship.

Once I was listening to "Science Friday" on the radio. A rabbi was being interviewed. She stated that in Judaism it was acceptable to believe in God, not as a being, but as Being itself. So, in that sense, there is a God, but not a Sky Daddy.

• donny
    donny

Great points all.

Apognophos this friend (who is not a JW) I believe is going through his own crisis of conscience. He is a Seventh Day Adventists and has gradually moved away from the faith but is not sure if being an agnostic or atheist is the way to go.

He likes to engage in friendly religious conversation from time to time and then he will go a spell before he asks the next thing. I told him to keep inquiring and never accept anything unless he is sure that it is the real thing.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ah, well it's good that he seems to have an open mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit