I hope I'm not stumbling you, she said as we sipped drinks at the track...I

by MissFit 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Whenever two or more are gathered together. . . !

• MissFit
    MissFit

I did luck out. I think most people show a different side to people they trust.

So much of being a JW is the " show".

So much of it is an act. you say what you think people want to hear and make decisions based on others opinions so as not to stumble anyone.

Forget that cr@p. Im tired of being something im not. And I can be myself around her.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Double post.

• MissFit
    MissFit

We will be making arrangements to go to the Elk's club to hear her friend play.

You can bet the one thing I will NOTtell her is: if you are up to going to listen to a band, you can go to meetings.

Apparently one of her "friends" who gives her recordings of the meetings, made a similar comment about being well enough to go out to lunch but not to meetings.

Sister A was very insulted. She told me there is a big difference stress wise between being forced to deal with a bunch of people and their questions and a one on one lunch conversation.

• MissFit
    MissFit

I had Sunday lunch with my friend at the track again.

I think she doesnt want to bump into "the friends" and she knows there is a very slim chance we will run into them there. Plus they have great margaritas. 😉

If anything I am the stumbler. She always teases me of leading her astray because I never turn down a good margarita.

I provide her with nonjudgemental , fun association. I dont challenge her faith or her obvious reluctance to associate with " the friends."

She has never asked me why I dont go anymore. She knows I never felt like I fit In.

We enjoy each others company. I wouldnt trade those Sundays for the world.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

For her to find a real friend, not a conditional one, must be something to treasure, I bet she would not trade your lunches either.

Enjoy !

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

That's a sweet story.

How old is she?

I think she is experiencing real cognitive dissonance and deep-down just wants to quit the JWs altogether, as you do.

Have you both poured out your hearts to each other on this?

Make a pact to fade and become totally inactive together.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Yada yada: she is in her 80's. She was converted around 25 years ago.

She has a love for Jehovah but she seperates him from the congergation. She believes her faith and reliance helped her with her fight with cancer. Her faith gave her strength.

She told me once she didnt agree with the brothers on everything. That Jehovah is the one that will Judge.

I think it is important that we do not generalize and lump all JWs together.

She does what she thinks is best and if it doesnt make sense she rejects it.

She knows she can talk to me and I wont repeat.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

She sounds like a hoot, I can just visualize you two having your margaritas at the race track. She is lucky to have a loyal friend like you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit