Today is Father's Day in the US

by leaving_quietly 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

Yes, Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

The command to Honor your father (and your mother) is in the ten commandments right next to don't lie, don't steal and don't commit adutery. It is a very serious topic to the Lord.

They twist God's word using such conditional terms such as:

"a real father worthy of honor is one who fears Jehovah God and carries out his family responsibilities" (no doubt such as teaching his children to work for our publishing company)

There is no condition on honoring father and mother in the ten commandments just as there is never a right time to commit adultery.

Here again the Watchtowet shows its open rebellion against God by adding to and speaking in his place.

• Heaven
    Heaven

It is also Father's Day in Canada.

http://mosaikblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fathers-day1.bmp

• clarity
    clarity

A big Happy Fathers Day to all of you Dads.

Watchtower trys its best to destroy peace,

togetherness & happiness in the family unit.

Seems they hate the competition!

basterds!

clarity

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I ignored the jw take on it and my daughter and i have been telling him happy fathers day and doing things for jim. He hasnt resisted or complained ;-) now we are at our daughters traditional place "becauae daddy LOVES it " chuck e cheese ... Sigh. But i think he really does like it

• designs
    designs

I got a Big 'Love you Dad' from my daughter and grandson.

What could be better!!!

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

Their whole argument is stupid. There's no actual connection between Mother's/ Fathers Day with that of Roman times or religion. It started in the 20th century cause a lady wanted to dedicate a day to her mother. Nothing wrong with setting a special day and it doesn't mean people don't respect their mother or father the rest of the 364 days of the year. Creature worship is a weak argument, what about graduation day, or wedding anniversaries, etc?

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Creature worship is a weak argument, what about graduation day, or wedding anniversaries, etc?

Or any "special" meeting where a GB member is a speaker?

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

I wrote this on my Facebook:

"Ever since I was a child, the only thing I've ever wanted to do was direct movies. Today, over three decades later, I live with the end result of parents not supporting their children, doing everything in their power to ensure we were not happy.

You see, their god didn't want his followers to experience joy on their own terms... being happy on one's own meant god wasn't necessary for fulfillment of life.

My father parted from this world with a most decent and accepting way regarding me... honorable and borderline sacrilege. For that, I will gladly bear the sins of my father realizing that our own sins are weight enough to take with us to the grave. There is no need to add excess baggage to that burden. His final lesson was certainly one of his most noble.

Happy Father's Day."

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Whoever wrote that 1956 article must have been a bitter old codger who couldn't stand anyone being loved unless OKed by the Watchtower leaders.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

No Father's Day for me again this year until I visited my Mum who bought something for my son to give me. My wife is not attending the KH but old habits die-hard - she did nothing to help my son celebrate Father's Day with me. It seems that it is one thing to stop attending - it is another thing entirely to get all the BS out of her head. Maybe in time...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit