Ensure that you dont appear to be Negative , Unhappy or Bitter

by stuckinarut2 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• rebel8
    rebel8

I think part of the reason dubs assume we are negative/unhappy/bitter is because that's how (many of us?) are when we see them.

I have non-jw enemies too (people who have done me harm, who are evil or have acted wrongly and not attempted to make amends). And when I run into them, they can thank their lucky stars that I'm only negative/unhappy/bitter and not worse toward them.

That does not mean I am negative/unhappy/bitter in the rest of my life. Quite the contrary.

I just hold people responsible for their own acts. If they want to blame me for holding them accountable, well then that's their problem, isn't it?

I will not change my actions to impress or affect them in any way. It does not matter what they think about me. If my words or facial expressions make them feel guilty about their own actions, and they twist that around to a reason to stay in the cult longer, then they're getting what they deserve in life.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I have bad days and good days... but overall, I'm much happier now.

Ugh, just imagine the alternative. This would be me in 30 years if I would have stayed "in".

"Why am I so happy? Because Jehovah promises that billions of innocent men, women, and children will be slaughtered by rocks falling from the sky. Then I get a pet panda. ... Very soon now. In the meantime, you'll have to excuse me, I have to go to one of my cleaning jobs."

• talesin
    talesin

If they say they miss me, I can honestly say I haven't missed the meetings, etc. one bit.

"Oh, you miss me, really? I'm in the book, so give me a call anytime."

That's my reply to *that* BS statement, Magnum.

They ruined the prime of my life. I want them to know that. My life is hard now because of my believing and acting upon their false prophecy. I want them to know that. If they want to call me bitter for that, then so be it. If they do, I sure hope they say it to my face because I'd relish the opportunity to argue the point with them. I'm a very logical arguer, and I would not let them change the subject or use any of their diversionary tactics. I would bury them.

"Why are you so bitter" screamed my incubator. Oh, the point was argued, but facts were denied - vehemently. Of course, liars always go on the defensive when they get nailed. At the height of the argument, my incubator's other half entered the room and said "Okay, enough is enough. Don't disagree with your mother, or you will never be welcome in this house again."

No, I do not intend to put on a happy face for those abusive liars, either. I paid for my freedom in sweat, blood and tears, and I choose to exercise it every day for the rest of my life.

tal

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Be real. That's the best thing.

Recently, I have had the oportunity to respond to the question, "So how are things going?"

I was asked this question on separate occasions by several "still-in" JWs, one an elder.

In every case I simply tell them the truth: Everything in my life right now is going really well, except my relationship with my "still-in" children.

It is interesting to see the cognitive dissonance on their faces. It just does not compute in the JW mind.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Bumped for a new generation of forum members...

I can attest to the fact that ones I know in the local area cannot understand that my family and I are happy and successful even though we dont attend meetings!

In fact, our lives are far less stressed, and we actually don't have any tension in the home!

As one of our loved forum members has said "the best revenge is to live a happy and successful life"

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

I would never give them the satisfaction of thinking i'm unhappy about anything. Even if i'm losing my life to a terminal illness they don't need to know shit. I will smile and tell them life is good. Fuck them. I'm not pretending anything, just I choose who i'm honest with. Spiritual warfare remember.

"Kevinly class"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit