Who knows when Native Americans was granted citizenship?? Very strange.

by jam 52 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

How can one not be a citizen of their own land??

Yes the Act of 1924 granted U.S citizenship to those Native

Americans who were not already U.S. citizens.

Prior to the passage of the Indian citizens Act of 1924, nearly

two-thirds of NA were already U.S citizens.

Who were the other 1/3 Native Americans that were not a citizen

of the US??? And why not??

• AnneB
  • designs
    designs

I wonder how Native Americans look at the Immigration obstructionists.

• friendaroonie
    friendaroonie

Not only that do you know up until what year legal forced hysterectomies were methodically performed on native american women by the bureau of indian affairs?

• jam
    jam

Unbelieveable "Hysterectomics", 1970-1973... WTH!!!!

• designs
    designs

The President made a visit to the Souix Nation. Promises again were made. I hope for better schools and living conditions.

In San diego County, Ca., there are over 30 Nations. On several of the local Reservations many have lived without basic services like eletricity for all of last century and up to the present.

Finally many said enough and are installing Solar Off-Grid systems. Screw you Sempra Energy.

• jam
    jam

Designs: what the hell is the problem. How is this possible???

Today, this is the condition of some reservations in this country???

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Nowadays in canda they live on the reserve and earn food money off the government.. they use it then use half of it on booze.... then they beg or 'whore' for more

Now this is only half.. many are above this! (I'm not stereotying all)

The rest work decent jobs but when problems arise at work it always becomes a race issue with them...

Sadly they never get over the harm done to them

• talesin
    talesin

The aboriginal peoples' situation is just crazy - this is the 21st Century.

We stole their land - the Catholics stole my people's land - Am I in France, demanding my land back? NO.

It's impossible to give back what we stole. Can we change the fact that we committed GENOCIDE and wiped out the Native Peoples of Newfoundland? NO.

It's time to realize that centures of war, and invasions have displaced almost ALL PEOPLE in the western world.

We are all humans. On the planet. Equal. We cannot return to the 'old ways'.......... that time is long gone - lost FOREVER.

These situations will never change, because greed rules our society. Yeah, I no longer sing "Kumbaya" because it's not gonna help anything, but if we don't get our stuff together and forget about the PAST - look forward - aboriginal people will live in the same nasty conditions, with little incentive to change, and all the rest of the poor who can't get out of their own private ghettos, will continue to feed these corrupt and so-called 'democracies' we live in, that exist only to feed the corporate machine.

end of rant

tal

• marmot
    marmot

" Nowadays in canda they live on the reserve and earn food money off the government.. they use it then use half of it on booze.... then they beg or 'whore' for more

Now this is only half.. many are above this! (I'm not stereotying all)

The rest work decent jobs but when problems arise at work it always becomes a race issue with them...

Sadly they never get over the harm done to them."

Okay, this is complete and utter bullshit. I grew up on a reserve, I'm Mohawk with a native status card and we do NOT get "food money" from the government, you ignorant jerk. Wanna know why so many native communities "can't get over" what was done to them? Consider this: the aboriginal population in Canada is roughly 4.3% of the overall population, guess what percentage of land we have to live on and create an economy with?

0.028%

That's right, we have only 28,000 square kilometers of native territory, all of the natural resources and riches of this country were stripped away and you wonder why there are economic problems in native communities!? Not to mention the residential schools problem, which was an issue right up until the 1970s, where native children were ripped from their families and denied the right to speak their own languages and robbed of their culture, many of whom suffered unspeakable sexual and physical abuse in these state-approved church-run schools. The social harm done to these kids goes a long way to explaining the staggering percentage of homeless aboriginals and prison inmates.

But of course, we're all just lazy tax evaders looking for a government handout.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit