Unbalanced way of thinking?

by msconcerned 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Annomaly - Your number 3. does have way more to the story....but it would be way too detailed for me to put on here. I sanitized the details in the story already. Oh yes that house in the future had God's blessing.

• carla
    carla

I used to think (as a ubm) that my jw would step over me if I was lying on the floor dying and he would attend to me after the meeting. Now? hmm, not sure, I think he might call 911 or maybe he would have to call the kh first to tell them he will be late and I am interfering with his meetings! lol

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

It's been drummed into us not to miss a meeting for anything. Because we have to get that programming so that they will always have us under mind control.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Poor bugger.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

As i ponder over this story today i am under the thought that Jehovah would understand

cutting the meeting short so this brother could try and save any damage to his house.

....................What An Idiot................................................................................................I`m A Jehovahs Witness..

........I Think I`ll Make It Rain..LOL!!..................................................................................Why Does My Life Suck?!..

.......................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• dby
    dby

independant thinking is the off button. It's a mental disease

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

Anyone in their right mind would change plans and go home to take care of their house. He could have at least gotten a substitute if he wanted the study to continue. This reminds me of the Philippines hurricane video where there were still people at the Kingdom Hall the night it was suppose to hit. I can understand if you're devoted to your religion but some things need to be put aside, especially for important and life situations.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

That was a funny story! Call it the way it was, he was a dumb shit! And forever talked about as: do you remember the dumb shit in the rain storm! That would have been a good time to spy on him. Thanks for the laugh.

There was plenty of those kinds of JWs here in the North West. Anything for a laugh it goes way beyond stupidity.

A proclaimer you said,"Right mind", LOL,LOL,LOL!

Everyone comments are too good! Gifted in the mind area! lol yeah but stupid with a tarp,hammer,and nails! no common sense. What kind of gifted mind?Lol!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Cognitive dissonance....

In his mind had the rain not come, Jehovah rewarded him for being faithful in small, the rain did come just as it is written, unforssen circumstances etc. His putting his god first was tested to the full by satans world, and it cost him dearly, but he is storing up treasures in heaven.

My point is, when someone is adopting cognitive dissonance, they can easily fabricate an answer that suits their belief system. He may be smart, but he is using very different reasoning when conidering his beliefs, protecting them with his mind from all reasonable questioning and legitimate doubt.

He should have stayed home that day and deep down inside I bet he ponders why and how that could have happened when he was doing the 'right thing'...Especially every assembly when someone talks about how a cheque of the exact right amount arrived on tax rebate day or how a box of vegetables was dropt off when the bread and milk ran out when pioneering....... derp.....

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Actually, in JW world you can easily become a minor celebrity if not a hero, if something

unfotunate happens to you or your family or your belonings while you were otherwise engaged in the Lord's work.

This guy's experience probably did the rounds of the cirquit making him a legend. Hell, we are even talking about him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit