Unbalanced way of thinking?

by msconcerned 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

So, one hot beautiful (not a cloud in the sky) kind of summer day, there was an elder who decided to re shingle his house. This was on the book study day. He started early and got all the shingles off of the roof in time for the book study that night. Just to be clear, the roof was now bare plywood. About half way into the study he was real uncomfortable, i mean not paying much attention, constantly looking outside at the ever darkening sky, and just for your knowledge he was the conductor!

Within the time the study started to about half way in we had one of the worst rain storms our town has ever seen. The rain was coming down so hard the streets were literally rivers. Did he cut short the study? Nope. He continued on until the hour was up and then rushed over to his house and tried to nail tarps on his roof in the driving rain. As i ponder over this story today i am under the thought that Jehovah would understand cutting the meeting short so this brother could try and save any damage to his house.

The cost of his decision? 3 months of living in a hotel, most of the items in the house destroyed, and tons of electrical work needed to be redone. All this for about 1/2 hr of a book study. He is still much the same today. This was 10 years ago. As a side note many in our town had severe damage to their homes because of this storm.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

That is unbalanced. Fanatic.

• prologos
    prologos

they do not know when to quit, that is why wt imposed the 80 year upper limit.

rain or shine.

• Heaven
    Heaven

The Watchtower creates disabled thinking people. I watched my parents become this way. It breaks the heart.

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

It is so strange, he is such a smart person. Gifted in the mental area.

• zebagain
    zebagain

and that study knowledge (old light) has long been forgotten while the damage and the debt last.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

He probably put in a claim on his insurance.

Doc

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

D.O.C, Yep he did and because of so many other houses damaged that is why he had to stay in a hotel for 3 months.

• Listener
    Listener

It's hard to believe that nobody put a stop to the meeting due to the safety risk, with water on electrical lines and coming through the roof with a chance of that collapsing as well.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Two, no, three things surprise me about this story.

1. It's not in the Yearbook.

2. Jehovah didn't save his house even though the guy put 'kingdom interests' first.

3.There's no epilogue about how his damaged house proved to be a blessing in disguise because now he has a bigger and better house and all his children are special pioneers because of his example of faith and sacrifice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit