"100 years of kingdom rule" so what?? what does it mean??

by stuckinarut2 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I cant stop the nagging thoughts in relation to the hype about "100 years of kingdom rule" !

What of it? What is the significance? Why make such a big deal about something like that?

I mean, according to JW teachings, 100 years is just a drop in the bucket of time - mans number anyway as calculated by "pagan" calenders anyway!

So what is the big deal about it?

It means nothing at all...(if indeed it is even the correct time remember....as their date calculations are wrong anyway)

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

They cant just ignore it as the failure it is otherwise there will be drift, so they have to do the next best thing which is to make a big deal out of it and hope no one gives it too much thought.

• wokeup
    wokeup

It is safe to say the year 1914 and the associated significance placed on it by the GB is an instrument to instill urgency and fear

and impowers the delusional self proclaimed leadership to continue on with the charade.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Yep, means nothing. 100 years of kingdom rule = the sum total of diddly squat.

And still... Armageddon has not arrived.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"100 years of kingdom rule" so what?? what does it mean??

100 years of lying BS directed to the public for mind controlling and exploitation.

The Watchtower Corporation built up its Kingdom utilizing coercive lies devised to serve its own

means and purpose, God didn't have a thing to do with this publishing house.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I agree with Witness My Fury. I can't help but think of something that happened to Celine Dion. She was spoofed on Saturday Night Live and they really nailed her. However, Celine invited the comedien who spoofed her to come and do the act at one of her concerts. She embraced it because it was an emabarassment. She tried to make it look like something good, something she liked.

If you had told a JW in, for example, the eighties, that 100 years is gonna pass and the end still won't be here, they'd have looked at you as if you were of the devil. If you had persisted, you might have been disfellowshipped. But now, wow, it's great that the kingdom has been ruling 100 years.

stuckinrut2, I agree; there's no significance.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

As I've been saying it's being promoted to cover up the fact that Jesus's invisible presence or second coming is a future event. though Russell and Rutherford taught Jesus came in 1914 we are rebranding it as the birth of the kingdom, which happens to have as much real significance as a truckload of nothing. sometime soon we will be informed that Jesus did not have an invisible presence in 1914. But JWs won't care that we've been teaching falsehood for 80 yearS or so. They will be too busy spreading the new teaching of Jesus rule beginning in 1914.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

They may discount that there is no significance, but I suspect that more than a few will use this as a watershed year to re-evaluate their life's goals.

I remember in the 1990s I plugged into the calandar 2014 and wrote a note to myself that If the end did not occur I was going to leave. Fortunately, I figured that life is too short to wait 20 years and I left 10 years ago (too bad I wasted the 10 years, but that is another story).

How many have made the same mental note for 2014? I predict a lot.

• prologos
    prologos

The earth went around the sun 100 times since 1914. the light was getting brighter in the north, and then in the south for 100 years.

wt doctrine has descended into darkness. [ not that it was bright before]. wt writers are not more understanding in doctrine now, then we readers were in the past.

the only thing we know, that the darkness was great in the past.

plus que ca change, plus cela-est al meme chose.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

So does mean that there are just 900 years left of his reign? Lol? Wtf is he doing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit