Were you 100% in?

by pontoon 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pontoon
    pontoon

I was baptized in 1968. Last meeting 2010. I have to say I was never 100% in. There were times I absolutely believed, but I never really gave it my all. Never liked service, assemblies, meetings. Growing up near Brooklyn Bethel never liked the layers of management and didn't think one full time bethelite should have such status over another, and they said Bethel was as close to paradise as you could get. For years I always figured it was my problem I just couldn't give it my all.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I think all witnesses harbour doubts, but manage to put them into drawer in the back of their minds. I know that is what I did.

• nugget
    nugget

No for me family came first always they never owned me 100% although for a time I will admit being controlled by them.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was told by a long time Elder and relative that I was never a 100% JW, he was using that as a reason for why I left, as though it pointed to a weakness in me in some way, I took it as a compliment !

Nope, I was born-in, and had doubts, misgivings and embarrasment at being a JW from the time I could think.

• cofty
    cofty

100%

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I was 100 % witness but had no desire for privileges

• losingit
    losingit

When i was first studying I was 100% in, the first 2 years. After my baptism, however, i started to have doubts. I actually wasnt happy about getting baptized. I didnt understand why they placed so much importance on it when I was going out in service anf had studies even BEFORE my baptism. I resented the crap out of the whole process. Idk why I went thru with it. They definitely had me brainwashed and at that time I would'vedone aanything to make my husband happy.

• Londo111
    Londo111

100%

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

110%

Embarressed to admit it now.

Doc

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes I was...100%

Raised in, and even though I knew we were different, I Really thought it was the truth, so anything strange was overlooked...

We were gods people you see....

Spent my whole life trapped...

Now im just 'stuckinarut' trying to break out as smoothly as possible....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit