Trolleys everywhere in my neck of the woods

by KateWild 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The part in this weeks service meeting went into great and boring detail re the cart work etc...

It attempted to build up hype in it and excitement.

THEN the bro said "of course those who wish to be part of this aspect of service need to be approved by the service committee first.."

So, in other words, unless someone is of the elite, they don't get to do it....then why waste a 15 min part prattling on about getting involved with it if only a handful at most in the cong can do it!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Here's a great question to ask: If a GB pronouncement was in direct conflict with the Bible's words, which would you believe??

Did Jesus say his followers would be recognized for what???? LOVE!

Did Jesus say love your neighbor as yourself? Love your enemies?

But the GB says to SHUN a family member who is weak and leaves the faith. IS THAT LOVE?

Guess some JWs believe the GB even in conflict with JESUS.

Doc

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Hey Kate, what do you want to accomplish by engaging them?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Abiblestudent - Good question, I might use it, but I think they might be offended. What do you think?

Shirely - It's very rare I see trolleys with JWs I don't know, or JWs who know of me. I do like your question though about the internet. Good idea.

fulltimestudent - ooops. I totally understand your position. That's why I like to prepare before I engage.

NAVYTOWN - Great spring board question, I would think many would say that would never happen, but maybe if I explain my personal circumstances it could plant some seeds.

Stuckinarut - Whoahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go. Calm down though mister. Asking all those questions is like firing a machine gun at them. Sticking to one topic at a time is possibly more procductive, but thanks fr your input.

DNCall - I like Noah's Ark as a topic, but I need to do more secular research about animals and species before I am confident talking about it.

So, in other words, unless someone is of the elite, they don't get to do it....then why waste a 15 min part prattling on about getting involved with it if only a handful at most in the cong can do it! - Stuckinarut

Now I think this is a topic worthy of disscission. They do this to manipulate JWs to do more, and make them feel unworthy, it's designed to lower self-esteem.

DOC - Yes exactly, I could mention John 13.34,35. I have used this before, and hopefully planted some seeds.

4thgen - I hope to plant seeds and show them I don't deserve to be shunned, and that I don't agree with shunning.

Thanks guys for your participation. Kate xx

• Heaven
    Heaven

I have yet to see these trolleys.

For presentation material you could use this:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/280638/1/New-Leaflet-to-give-to-JW-about-TTATT#.U5hUUaD3Rdg

Since you're DF'ed not sure how you would be doing any harm to yourself other than one day, you may look back on this time and wish you had it back to to other things.

• KateWild
    KateWild

you may look back on this time and wish you had it back to to other things.-Hevean

Most of my time I spend applying for jobs, and volunteer jobs. It's tedeous repetative and frustrating. To be able to spend an hour here and there helping JWs wake up and plant some seeds is a refreshing break from finding work. Once I get a job, things might change.

This time I was too busy to talk, court stuff to deal with. More tedious, repetitive and frustrating hassle. But necessary for my son to have contact with me again.

Kate xx

• MightierThanTheSword
    MightierThanTheSword

Not sure about elsewhere, but here in the UK the trolleys were trialled in London and Birmingham before spreading like cancer across the country. Living next to Birmingham as I do, I see them everywhere, all the time. The best is when the shouty born-agains and even-shoutier muslims set up camp nextdoor to the witnesses and then pick arguments with them... I actually feel sorry for them. Apparently they're shifting shitloads of Bible Teach books & magazines in Birmingham though. Since nobody answers the door on a Saturday morning anymore, I'm presuming the trolleys are working better for them.

• Fernando
    Fernando

I'd love to ask them why they call themselves "publishers of the Good News" when the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms is not on their lips or in their heart.

Or like a fellow JWNer asked: "Since Jesus is not your mediator, who is?"

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

KateWild - Abiblestudent - Good question, I might use it, but I think they might be offended. What do you think?

Hi KateWild, Yes, they may be offended, but you would also be giving them an opportunity to attempt to prove that the WTBTS is not like the Pharisees and Sadducees if you use an inquisitive tone of voice and smile.

It is a segue question to talk about charateristics of dangerous cults without calling the WTBTS a dangerous cult. If a JW cannot differentiate between how the Pharisees and Sadducess behaved and how the WTBTS behave using characteristics in MT 23 (in context with Steve Hassan's BITE control definitions) and how those characteristics are contrary to MT 22:34-40, then you could ask s/he, "Why do you follow the teachings of the WTBTS instead of Jesus Christ's teachings and example? Aren't you a Christian? Have you visited the website www.freedomofmind.com to learn more about BITE cntrol methods, undue influence, and unhealthy influence by some organizations?" Seeds of doubt planted and hopefully no argumentative debates occurred, because you only asked simple questions and the JWs did most of the talking.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Roberrt

• KateWild
    KateWild

Apparently they're shifting shitloads of Bible Teach books & magazines- MightierThanTheSword

If you go into the trainstation you find all the abbandonned litterature there. LOL. Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit