A few thoughts on the District, um, Regional... sigh....

by Apognophos 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Thanks for the blow-by-blow and for suffering so many of us never have to again! It is reassuring to know that the conventions are continuing to get worse/more boring/sleepworthy even than when I had to attend for the fam. Sorry you had to go but you did us all a good service.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Apognophos: That would have been cognitively dissolicious.

Cognitively dissolicious! I love it -- gonna' use it.

IMHO, that's the single best new anti-JW term of the entire year.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Thanks apognophos, I don't understand why they change irrelevant doctrines that don't really effect anyone, just makes them look silly for no purpose.

It necessary in order to satisfy the now constant desire of many JWs for NuLite TM ....especially since so many JWs treat NuLite as a sign that Armageddon must be about to break out. They can introduce new understandings of subjects that have very little bearing on actual doctrine, but still generate excitement.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Thanks apognophos, I don't understand why they change irrelevant doctrines that don't really effect anyone, just makes them look silly for no purpose.

Very simple... reading the Bible alone destroys their view of paradise. By coming up with a 'new understanding' for what Paul wrote about paradise simply serves to allow them to hold onto their current doctrine while spinning what the Bible says so it 'fits' their doctrine. If they can somehow make it fit, all but the few of us who actually think will accept it as pure doctrine without ever questioning it. If there's something in print about a subject, that is "doctrine" above the Bible. Period. And these conventions are a prelude to what goes in print. Expect any 'new understanding' to appear in a WT within the year.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Panda Petting Paradise...that made me laugh at loud!!!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Thanks, although I have to give credit to someone else here for that phrase, as I've read it somewhere before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit