Donation of blood fractions

by why144000 28 Replies latest jw friends

• why144000
    why144000

This may be the wrong area for this but here goes.

If you went to a bank and told them " I don't have an account with you, I never will have an account with you and I will tell people you are a terrible bank" then ask not for a loan from them, but a gift of a lot of money, how do you think they would respond?

Yet, witnesses now have the the ability to take blood fractions from the blood bank without ever contributing to the blood bank. There is a process that the blood bank takes just the plasma from a donor to be used for fractions only. If it is acceptable to accept fractions from plasma why is it not acceptable to donate your plasma for fractionalisation? Double standards.

Imagine the hospital saying "before we give you a lifesaving fraction you need to prove that you have contributed to the pool". If you are healthy I reccomend people think about donating to this great cause.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I am a blood donor now.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

It's futile to request that JWs do that much logical thinking about the blood issue. Selfishness and hypocrisy are the things they do best.

• steve2
    steve2

You are absolutely correct why144,000. The organization has nothing but negative commentary about blood transfusions but allows Witnesses to use their individual consciences for specified blood fractions. For example, Factor X, the blood clotting component that haemophiliacs need to survive. Witnesses who have hemophilia can receive fractionated blood - derived from donated blood. Each recipient receives the fractionated blood from scores of donors - not one of which would ever be donated by a Witness.

Thisdis one of the most appalling instances of hypocrisy in the modern practice of medicine.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I started to donate as soon as I left the bunch of hypocrites, it really is astounding their stance, they maintain that blood should be " poured out on the ground " and not stored, DUH ! where do they think the fractions come from ? stored blood of course.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

it might actually make them realise their long held doctrine had changed, whereas they still say "we still don't accept blood".

I started donating soon after I left. Not everyone can donate for lots of reasons but if you can then it's quite simple.

By donating blood an apostate would save a JW's life but JW's refuse to save an apostate's life. So who's the good Samaritan?

mmxiv

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I've tried to get JW's to reason on this & it is impossible for them to comprehend that 'fractions' still come from donated whole blood.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

It's the traditional WT/JW mindset: condemn the entire world as "Satan's system of things", call it evil, unjust and bent on wiping out JWs, yet beat a path to the door to be the first in line if the WT/JW can benefit from that very system (sepecially if it's a freebie).

• steve2
    steve2

Blood is blood is blood. All talk about allowing some fractionated blood components but not others is pharasaical hair-splitting and reeks of an appallingly unsustainable double standard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit