by quellycatface 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Way to go

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Quelly:

This is MY opinion about employees behavior if it were my business:

Any and all employees have an obligation to be polite to all and carry out their duties and NOT OBSTRUCT the normal flow of business. A JW employee stupid enough to "shun" on somebody else's business premises is causing problems to his or her employer. In effect, they are overstepping their boundaries when they bring the religion's dynamic into somebody's else's premises.

If a JW is shunning a customer, the place is losing business.

If they are shunning a fellow employee, they are impeding the carrying out of necessary business. (Let us not forget that a real stupid JW might sin by "omission" in that they will NOT communicate with a fellow employee, i.e. they accidentally-on-purpose did not tell somebody something that they should have.)

If I worked with a JW who was causing a problem like this for me, I would report them and then the WHOLE ugly conversation about the religion and "why" would have to be told.

This shunning mentality could pose a problem if there was an emergency....The JW might not want to talk to a fellow employee who is DF'd or DA'd and tell them about a crisis. This might be an extreme example but it would not surprise me.

There is a time and place for everything. The stupid shunning routine belongs in the shopping mall or the street.

• LV101
    LV101

Good for you - someone needs to stand up and address this shunning. I've wanted to tell a manager or two when they acknowledge I'm shopping in their store but have not taken advantage of the situation. If the shunners would have lost their jobs I would have had to deal with that plus try to lie low with my family involved inside the cult. I lost a couple of opportunities past couple of days so if the shun-fun happens again I might open my mouth. When management thank you and ask are beyond accommodating/solicitus they might want to know this directly from the shopper. Also, in both of these stores, non-witnesses employees know horrendous stories of ex-witness associates being shunned and cut off from families because of the cult so the evidence is there. I clearly confirm and expound on any questions nonwitnesses chit chat with me about. In fact, a clerk this week (I've known for yrs.) and I were discussing one of these clerks and how it makes it uncomfortable for the consumer. I think the managment at this store is

If I hear one more time how the cult has really changed (in a good way - heard this line yesterday at one of the stores) I'm going to lose it - a friend (x-witness) has been hearing this rhetoric but she knows it's a recruiting tool (she and her ex-elder husband walked away several yrs. ago due to child molestation cases in the hall. Sick cult!). I've heard this line how much it's changed for about 7 yrs. so it must be popular. Yeah, it's changed alright - and more evil and worse, if that's possible.

• LV101
    LV101

sorry - was on phone and typing but think I got the idea across.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Matthew 23:33 ESV

1 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, 2 “The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat, 3 so do and observe whatever they tell you, but not the works they do. For they preach, but do not practice. 4 They tie up heavy burdens, hard to bear, [a] and lay them on people's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to move them with their finger.

23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others. 24 You blind guides, straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel!

Shall we then say, "Woe to you who SHUN others who have been outcast, look lowly of them, and treat them just like animals w/ no feelings. Woe to you who preach John 13:34, 35 yet completely ignore this principle when dealing with disfellowshipped ones. Woe to you who has shown more kindness to a pet animal than to a DF'd who need attention, love and care during the dark moments of their lives."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit