New Light! The Evil Slave Class no longer exists!

by FusionTheism 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Quote from The Watchtower, March 15, 2015, Page 23:

In the illustration of the faithful and discreet slave, Jesus spoke of an evil slave who beat his fellow slaves. Jesus was not there foretelling that an evil slave class would arise. Rather, he was warning the faithful slave not to display the traits of an evil slave. Similarly, in the illustration of the ten virgins, Jesus was not indicating that half of his anointed followers would be like the five foolish virgins. Instead, he was warning his spiritual brothers about what would happen if they lost their sense of vigilance and did not prove to be prepared.
  • Splash
    Splash

They actually disappeared in the July 2013 WT.

There aren't any 'classes' relating the the slave anymore.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Awwwww shucks I was wanting to meet one those people some day .

Can we pretend ?

For those who dont know this labeling came about originally by J Rutherford who wanted to demean people who left the IBSA because they didn't like his leadership and wanted to stick more to C T Russell teachings.

They became the evil slave class and he retained the moniker of faithful slave, postulated by himself of course.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

The change to no Evil Slave class was the Governing Body's Get Out of Jail Free card. No Evil Slave means there is no way the FDS, today or in the past, could be the Evil Slave.

Convenient theology is the mode of the day in the Watchtower.

Frank

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Hold Me Thrill Me - "The change to no Evil Slave class was the Governing Body's Get Out of Jail Free card. No Evil Slave means there is no way the FDS, today or in the past, could be the Evil Slave."

Damn; I didn't even think of that.

Sneaky buggers.

x

On a lighter note; "(Evil Slave) Class dismissed."

So much for my student loan. :wink:

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

It would appear they are also setting the stage for major changes to their Faithful and Discreet Slave Parable interpretation in the future.

By including the Faithful & Discreet Slave and calling it "an illustration" in the very same Watchtower where they say they are doing away with interpreting illustrations as types and antitypes, the Society is preparing in case they need to update this teaching in a major way.

Also, the Society now claims they will no longer interpret Parables as applying to certain classes. They already started this with removing the Evil Slave Class.

But, if the Evil Slave is absolutely not a composite class, then why would the Good Slave be a composite class?

Looks to me like they are getting ready to declare that the Faithful Slave was just a parable "warning his spiritual brothers about what would happen if they lost their sense of vigilance and did not prove to be prepared," which is what that quote above explains.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

This particular aspect of current Watchtower theology presents an awkward and ironic conundrum for its Governing Body. It turns out that only apostates could advise the fact of an evil slave.

See Only “Apostates” Can Warn You! and EVIL SLAVE

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

This was first announced at Annual Meeting Oct 6, 2012.

It was first published in the w13 7/15 pp. 25 - The Watchtower—2013 in the Box "IF EVER THAT EVIL SLAVE .."

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    I thought that apostate Christendom, but especially dawn bible students, were the Evil Slave Class.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

“Notice that Jesus introduces the warning with the words, “if ever.” One scholar says that in the Greek text, this passage “for all practical purposes is a hypothetical condition.” In effect, Jesus was saying; ‘if the faithful and discreet slave were ever to mistreat his fellow slaves in these ways, this is what the master will do when he arrives.’ (See also Luke 12:45.)

Being that F Franz the once president of the WTS (GB) (FDSL) lied about the 6000 years of mankind's existence which he drew out from C T Russell's old writings, this indicates that all members of the JWS are going to be punished by Jesus for lying and deceiving, particularly those who were JWS back in the late 1960's and 70's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit