Classic quote in today's public talk!!

by stuckinarut2 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

"...the governing body, gods own representatives,..."

Has that appeared in print?

The Catholics view the Pope as God's representative on earth.

The speaker has elevated the Governing Body to Pope status!

The JWs simply have a composite body of men instead of one individual.

Except when Charles Russell and Judge Rutherford were "taking the lead" in the Organzaiton, they were looked upon as God's mouthpiece.

But even then, a JW would say that a person who is "taking the lead" is not the leader of a group.

• blondie
    blondie

When the religious leaders in Israel were doing the following, were Israelites to obey them?

(Ezekiel 8:13-18) 13 And he continued on to say to me: “You will yet see again great detestable things that they are doing.” 14 So he brought me to the entrance of the gate of the house of Jehovah, which is toward the north, and, look! there the women were sitting, weeping over the [god] Tam muz. 15 And he further said to me: “Have you seen [this], O son of man? You will yet see again great detestable things worse than these.” 16 So he brought me to the inner courtyard of the house of Jehovah, and, look! at the entrance of the temple of Jehovah, between the porch and the altar, there were about twenty-five men with their backs to the temple of Jehovah and their faces to the east, and they were bowing down to the east, to the sun. 17 And he went on to say to me: “Have you seen [this], O son of man? Is it such a light thing to the house of Judah to do the detestable things that they have done here, that they have to fill the land with violence and that they should offend me again, and here they are thrusting out the shoot to my nose? 18 And I myself also shall act in rage. My eye will not feel sorry, neither shall I feel compassion. And they will certainly call out in my ears with a loud voice, but I shall not hear them.”

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

"where the blood of all non worshippers will flow"-------see, I told you he was a blood thirsty god, he ever loves the thought of it.

• designs
    designs

bloody geeezus...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes indeed...these were the quotes from the pt today.

given by a brother from bethel too!

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

There really is no other way to keep my sanity these days but to avoid the meetings as frequently as possible..

Or just browse the internet through my mobile while the guy is delivering a stupid talk for 35 mins.

• VM44
    VM44

"Yes indeed...these were the quotes from the pt today.

given by a brother from bethel too"

That explains it.

Bethel, the Center of Governing Body worship.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!!! That statement is a direct contradiction to the drama presented by Hale-bopper yesterday! We only OBEY/put trust in/worship Jehoober!! LOL!!!

BTW, let's not insult "demons" by comparing them to Jehovah-thought-form/soul eating/genocidal/ego-maniacal entity. According to Loesch, " we serve Jehovah, not to benefit ourselves, but to benefit Jehovah! Of what benefit is it to ME, said Jeehoober!!!" So you see, JEHOOBER needs your worship, life energy, and money! NOW, at the final day of the RC, the true reason for the entire affair comes out. It's been sprinkled through the last two days, but Dubs are so brainwashed and they Worship the GB. SO now we hear the men who say how improper it is to have titles, hierarchy, huge building projects, practices that make member feel obligated to give money, claims of being gods mouthpiece and being necessary for salvation; making the exact claims that they have condemned other " false religions" for practicing as part of BTG!!

Guard you souls and your pocket book, or you will be part of a slave race. No loving Creator could approve of the WTBTS and their fear mongering/emotional blackmailing/pedo-protecting legalism. The GB have went far beyond taking the seat of Moses. They have kicked JC to the curb and are now, for all practical purposes, GOD.

DD

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

There really is no other way to keep my sanity these days but to avoid the meetings as frequently as possible..

Kindly allow me to correct that statement:

There really is no other way to keep my sanity these days but to avoid the meetings as frequently as possible...all the time.

Doc

• NotNew
    NotNew

Kindly allow me to correct that statement:

There really is no other way to keep my sanity these days but to avoid the meetings as frequently as possible...all the time.

Doc

• SAME HERE, I feel my head would explode...that's my nightmare, having to go back.

SW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit