What are the consequences if a JW files for an unscriptural divorce?

by Daniel1555 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

My ex got an unscriptural divorce then moved 800m to live near a sis he mysteriously met thru his PO buddy. The ex married her fairly soon after the divorce went through and then both were df'd, but for less than a year as they conveniently moved back to the cong where his daddy was an elder.

It's all in who you know...just like politics.

• blondie
  • bigmac
    bigmac

sorry to read about your break-up Daniel---ive gone through 2 divorces ( careless--i know )----and i know how stressful it can be.

but--if i were in your shoes---if you think the marriage is over--and you no longer live under the weight of WT thought control------why not give her grounds for a scriptural divorce--if thats what she wants

enjoy yourself--get a girlfriend----boff her brains out. tell your wife.

• Fernando
    Fernando

In JW land anything can and does happen.

So good posts above, but who knows?

If neither party wants to reconcile, why not just let your wife know that in the interests of peaceful relations (and an amicable divorce settlement, especially custody & visitation) you'll cooperate and make it as easy as possible for her to move on and get remarried?

Best wishes as this unfolds.

Fernando

• PLAYGROUND
    PLAYGROUND

I can tell you from what I am go through right now, she and you will not be in good standing. I don't care what congregation you go to, on your publisher card it would be marked with a letter "NOT IN GOOD STANDING" you both are not exemplary individuals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit