Detroit Style Ballroom Dancing

by KateWild 39 Replies latest social entertainment

• KateWild
    KateWild

Trying to make RCs less of a snorefest. Not exactly award winning either, but worth a laugh. Kate xx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xyp6rn8NrM&app=desktop

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

wow! times they are a changin'.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yeah I know wannabefree, you can even see the sisters knees. Kate xx

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Someone should get disfellowshipped for this. I hope those young people are married - we wouldn't want any inflamed members within the walls of Jehovah's house.

• KateWild
    KateWild

LOL NY, I agree. It's the quality of the dancing that amuses me, they are doing this to entertain the delegates, but the standard is worse than amature. Kate xx

• Magnum
    Magnum

My god. I am just baffled. The org has changed so much. What is going on????????????????

Was the man with the microphone in the beginning telling delegates that that they could sign up for Detroit-style ballroom dancing in many different places? Since when do JWs promote such? When I was active, every available minute was supposed to be spent in the ministry, studying, meditating, etc.

And the dancing was laughably amateurish.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Magnum,

I think Detroit is trying to promote the more liberal side of WT, but clearly the standard of dancing is evidence these guys spend most of their time on prayer, meetings, fs, study and family worship. Not aquiring the skill of ballroom dancing.

It's just a publicity stunt IMO.

Kate xx

• snowbird
    snowbird

Well, slap my face and call me Grace!

• KateWild
    KateWild

LOL! snowbird,

It all seems so mechanical and forced. As well as unprofessional. Just funny really. Kate xx

• snowbird
    snowbird

It is mechanical.

Come to think of it, everything about the JW's is forced and rote - no spontaneity whatsoever.

That is one of the reasons I, and so many others, left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit