HOLY HELL!!! These people are freaking watchtarded!!!

by DATA-DOG 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

DD,

Glad you had your sunblock on. It's all nonsense. It's a shame it was just a big borefest for you. You and your family could be doing something far more contructive. Kate xx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Oh yeah. JWs have "The Truth." They are the only ones in human history to use Jehovah in their name. Pretty sure that's a lie.

The drama was really dumb. The drama was about the possible dangers of borrowing/lending money within the congregation. When a cult insists that's members pursue a simple life by demonizing financial success, is it any wonder that part-time workers/ pioneers have to borrow money from someone?? Then sometimes they cannot pay it back. So if you lend money to a JW, get everything in writing and know that you may never get it back because Satan is trying to cause divisions by getting JWs laid off.

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Oh yeah. FALSE RELIGIOUS LEADERS like to emphasize their past accomplishments to show they deserve your trust. At the same time, however, they DON'T want to discuss the past. 1984 much???

DD

• KateWild
    KateWild

Are you there now DD? What time zone are you in?

This is my first year not going, it feels great. Kate xx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

GERRIT LOESCH SAYS, " singing kingdom melodies should be a natural desire."

• KateWild
    KateWild

control of information

it's a cult

Kate xx

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

dd, lol! i want to sing something, but it aint kingdom melodies! i have 3 weeks until my dub-a-palooza.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

hey DD. Glad you have the 1st day behind you.

I am so happy not to attend the convention for the first time. When I still go from time to time to the meetings and it happens that they discuss all the details about the International convention in Frankfurt and the 500 km. trip there, hotel stuff etc. I just keep laughing inside.

I'm just wondering what face the brothers will show, when they find out that I am not attending.

Just one little story that happened at the last international convention I attended in Frankfurt. I had the great privilege to help out as an attendant. In the football stadium the ranks with seats are really steep. So the brothers have to walk a lot of stairs. Now the whole day it was a hot summer day with more than 30° celsius. It was crazy to wear ties with such a heat. So I saw a middle aged brother who was fighting his way up the stairs. His tie was very tight, his face pale and full of sweat. As he paused, I approached him and asked if he was alright and said he should drink enough and maybe loosen his tie. He said I shouldn't worry, he's OK. At the time he reached his seat he fell unconscious and they had to call the ambulance. At that convention they needed the ambulance quite often.

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

I'm watching Gerrit now. Via an internet stream. It's so boring!

i swear I just saw him putting hiself to sleep.

He's gotten worse since the last time I saw him. Also, do they have a product placement deal with apple? What's up with all the iPads on stage??

• Mum
    Mum

I recall attending a convention after my exit. I went for my daughter's sake. I wasn't entirely "un-brainwashed" at the time, and had to accept the possibility that my child might choose to be a JW when she grew up.

As I sat there, I listened to nothing but fearmongering. The speaker was making it clear that there was no safe place outside "Jehovah's organization." I had made myself impervious to the manipulative tactics and sat there amazed that I had once listened to this kind of nonsense and taken it seriously!

Eventually, there was a JC meeting. I took a tranquilizer before going. It was going to be me versus four MEN! My soon-to-be ex-husband at the time was in attendance, too. The meeting had been called at his insistence. The focus of the meeting was to get me to confess (I was reminded of Orwell's 1984) to adultery so that my ex could marry his hateful JW "girlfriend." I'm very proud that I remained calm as I sat there thinking how lucky I was to live in a time when they couldn't just take me outside and tiue me to a tree and set me alight, because I felt certain that was just what they would have done if they thought they could get away with it.

That JC meeting was the straw that broke the camel's back. After that, I was free. I totally understood that they could not be from God anymore than Adolf Hitler or Joseph Stalin! I went to my friend's place of employment and celebrated! I've never looked back for a second.

Grateful to be free,

SandraC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit