Elders attempted to catch me out

by stuckinarut2 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

they spoke of how we all dont need to keep the bound volumes or older mags anymore, as everything we need is on the website or cd rom

The jw.org website does NOT go back further than 2000. Why is that?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

@oubilette-

Because they are attempting to distance themselves from their own embarrassing history.

They are in the basement shredding documents that may expose them for the charlatans that they are.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Was it not announced at your halls, that the reader of the WT and the BS (yeah, I know ...) to check the CURRENT online edition of the book and WT. There was a WT study which had a changed paragraph between its printing and the study about 7 months ago.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Watchtower 1989 January 1 p.12
    "He was laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century."
    (The 1989 Watchtower used the term "in our 20th century" in the magazine, but this was changed to "in our day" for the bound volume and subsequent CD library.

• Listener
    Listener

You could have told them that they have a lot of faith in the earthly technology but you'd like to keep the printed copies because they may prove to be a real source of comfort during the GT as we may not even have electricity. You might also add that they may prove invaluable if you threw one or two in your Go Bag.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

thanks for your replies and support all.

and thanks for that reference!

yes, that is the one indeed...I dont know how anyone in the org can justify this blatent attempt to rewrite history??!!!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I just casually said, "yes, but its nice to have the originals so we can see the original wording and info"

One of them snapped his neck spinning so quick, frothed at the mouth and said "what do you mean changes?...nothing changes!!"

Even thinking as a loyal dub, I would have looked at them as if they were nuts and told them not to be ridiculous.

"'Course it changes - all the time! How long have you been a Witness? What planet are you on? Remember the Revelation Climax book - all those revisions listed in the km before the new version got printed? I like to keep my original to see what it used to say. Everybody knows the Org. updates the wording or pictures or whatever as necessary in reprints - not just the mags. Sheesh!"

Then we would laugh at their silliness and talk about what great weather it is for spring cleaning.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

sparrowdown: Because they are attempting to distance themselves from their own embarrassing history.

Yes, I know. It was a rhetorical question, but thanks for answering for the benefit of any that don't know.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I dont know how anyone in the org can justify this blatent attempt to rewrite history??!!!

Cult confirmation bias!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit