San Diego Convention Rules

by lambsbottom 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

Heard from an Elder friend in So. Cal that the San Diego convention has new rules this year:

No EZups or beach umbrellas. Only personal sized umbrellas. If anyone says they cannot see, you must take your personal umbrella down.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Are these still acceptable?

"Brother, please remove your beer hat...I can't see the Monkey's Ass on the platform".

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

That's fairly common etiquette for an outdoor venue like that. I go to sporting events all the time and they don't really like it when you whip out your umbrella because it gets in the way.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

At first I thought you were SAYING that the SD convention rules, to which I would have to disagree heartily. It's aptly named SD because it sucks a bag of d*&ks!

Now when its 100 degrees and 80% humidity you can't even shade yourself? So the lamo behind you can see the numbnuts on the stage?

What would happen if you told the attendant or said lamo to F off? Sorry brother, I can't see the stage becasue your carting that elderly sister who is suffering from heat stroke up the aisle.

Baseball stadiums were meant for sitting for three hours max in a tanktop while you swill pints of cheap beer. Not to sit in a suit and tie for days on end listening to insufferable mindless propaganda.

For no other reason than the above I would abandon this moronic cult.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

San Diego has perfect weather year round. I wouldn't mind sitting outside all day there. All the other outdoor venues can get fucked though.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I've had the misfortune of having to sit through a hot day at Qualcomm stadium and it was horrible!!! People are going to be fighting for those cold seats in the shade without those EZups.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Qualcomm (formerly Padre) stadium sits slightly east of I-15 just far enough inland to be completely brutal. Anywhere along the coast or even downtown is perfect. Why can't they hold it at Cabrillo Park?

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

San Diego has at least 2 dozen people every convention per day who suffer from heat related illnesses on each day of the convention. And that is under tarps and umbrellas. This year will be interesting.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

That's fairly common etiquette for an outdoor venue like that. I go to sporting events all the time and they don't really like it when you whip out your umbrella because it gets in the way.

Yeah, but there's sports action on the field or a light show with a concert. There ain't nothing to look at with a bunch of JW talks. I mean, they can ask you to take the umbrella down for the drama, but otherwise there is nothing to look at but the speaker gesturing.

Someone posted their video for attending the Atlanta International Convention. It's really something- that control they have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POtRr2qXhuE

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

the girl next door - "This year will be interesting."

What, like in a "Chinese curse" context?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit