Why the Clean out of top Management

by Poztate 35 Replies latest jw friends

• oppostate
    oppostate

People in their 70's and 80's aren't known for their stamina and mental prowess.

The WT needs folks who aren't settled in their ways and are willing to mold with the new changes coming from Bethel HQ.

The older folks in full-time service to the "Order" are covered by WT health self-insurance. Therefore by getting rid of DO's and older CO's there's an immediate cut in expenditures for these folks to get care at the expense of the WT.

The COBE position is just more workable in the hands of someone who has a quicker mind and can receive and respond to matters from WT representatives and follow through on instructions. A person in their 80's may have seen too much and know too much so it's better for the WT to sideline them. 

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Poztate - "...what direction will that take them in...more cult like or what???"

Definitely more.

Progressive reform has been off the table for a long time, now.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I hope that this trend of retiring DO.s and CO.s trickles down to the local congregation. It would sure be nice if they would allow senior jws the choice of not going in service anymore.  My heart goes out to all the older jws who feel obligated to put in their time month after month regardless of their ill-health and frail constitution.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

In my opinion, those COs and DOs that are older are often very out-of-touch. They may be "nice" (and I've know plenty that really weren't nice), but if they're lifers, they have no family experience and don't relate to anyone under 45. I've heard ones give nearly the exact same talks as I heard them giving 20 years earlier. Some seemed to still be ranting about the evils of dancing The Twist and watching soap operas... in a twerking and reality TV world.

And having an elderly COBE? The ones I've known have a hard time keeping up with all the changes in teachings and procedures. And it just makes the organization look old and 'behind the times' to have all these old elders and other representatives. They want people that look happy, young, and energetic... then make them feel miserable, old, and tired.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Billy - "Some seemed to still be ranting about the evils of dancing The Twist and watching soap operas..."

Don't forget hippies and disco.

Cringe-worthy.

Billy - "They want people that look happy, young, and energetic... then make them feel miserable, old, and tired."

Hell, they probably can't figure out why being a JW makes people feel miserable, old, and tired.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

They want people that look happy, young, and energetic... then make them feel miserable, old, and tired.

I guess Sanderson would be an exception. He is only a little older than me, but he looks old enough to pass for more like my father's age.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit